• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I don't use cacao and I use Unflavoured Micellar Cassein rather than WPC or WPI. It fluffs better.

Micellar Casein is not thicker than WPC that's why it fluffs up nicely. Calcium Casein might be thicker though.

I made sour cherry and chocolate (Black Forest?) fluff:

1 scoop micellar casein
1/2 tsp vanilla (extract, essence, paste, powder)
@ 1/4 cup skim milk
200g frozen sour cherries (morellos)
25g dark chocolate, melted
extra dark choc to spoon on top and stir through.

I added the melted choc once it had fluffed up nicely and whisked it until the choc solidified into flecks throughout the fluff.
It was like marshmallow, really thick and light.

Very nice BUT I find cherries have the same prob as berries - you can always taste the casein. I don't mind but it would be great to taste the fruit more. You can add more fruit...about 300g might be OK.

oh yeah, you can make fluff with meringue as well so even fluffier (plus more protein).
he makes two mistakes in the vid:
1. he doesn't show when he's added the egg whites. he adds them when the rest of the fluff is already fluff and whisks away until it's all mixed together.
2. poor sod takes forever to fluff the mix because he doesn't blend the fruit, pro pow and milk first. If i did that in a bowl, there'd be splattered fruit and casein all over the walls. :-/

Stiffened egg whites = meringue (without sugar):
It won't work as well with thawed frozen egg whites, much better with fresh for whipping. Place them in a clean, dry bowl (any water or other stuff in there will break down the protein structure). Whisk them on a medium speed until you get stiff peaks.
The egg whites go all frothy, then opaque and double in volume and then stiffen up as you continue to whisk. They are ready when you lift the whisk and the peaks stay upright.

I'm confused sorry.

Do I stiffen the eggs and then add to mix or add the egg whites as the mix is being blended?

I'm confused sorry.

Do I stiffen the eggs and then add to mix or add the egg whites as the mix is being blended?
You stiffen the egg whites separately.
Then blend the other ingredients and fluff as normal. When the fluff has already "fluffed" up quite a bit, add the egg white meringue and continue to whisk until it's all nice and fluffy together.
This makes for a lighter fluff. I've not tried it yet, as I tend to keep my egg whites for other stuff but it's apparently quite good.