• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

10% strength gains on Dymatize megs mass gainer.

Doczenith

Anyone used dymatize mega mass gainer.I love this stuff if i take it before the gym i can put a good 10kg on my bench and it makes me feel like an animal.Tho long term use makes you a fat guy lol.It has 1280 cals a serve and tastes good but for some reason it makes me strong while other weight gainers do not.Anyone had this effect?

is it because it has 70% sugars?

other than that it has 24% protein (WPC + milk powder and a bit of WPI)
the rest is soy bean oil, guar gum and flavours?
doesn't seem to be anything fancy, or particularly useful.. (unless you haev Berry, and the Red #40 colouring triggers ADHD??)

maybe try having 90grams of maltodextrin straight, and see if it has the same effect?

Ya well i thought the same i couldnt see anything on the label and ive tried heaps of other weight gainers with the same basic makeup but there not quite as good but maybe its the type of sugar they use.Tho you could be right i might have adhd could explain alot XD

thats only the berry though, but it can be a serious issue.
in some kids it triggers a whole lot of hyperactivity etc, and some people it triggers migraines and other reactions..

anyway, if it is the berry that does it, look for other foods with the colouring 122 or red #40 (like.. red cordial) and see if it has same effect?