• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If any of you actually think that large companies are taking swabs from the machines you clearly live in a state of complete denial.I worked at cadburys chocolate factory and the things i saw would blow your mind.Mass food production is anything but clean and i never once saw a swab taken from any tank anywhere in cadburys.and i was on the main cleaning crew.Also all you have to do is look at all the big pharma recals on cold and flue meds where they didnt even clean the machines between making different drugs.If its cheaper for them not to clean it and pay a fine they will do so, its all about money.

Yes but were you the person responsible for ensuring that the equipment cleaning process was adequate or just that the equipment was cleaned? Repeated testing of cleaning is not required provided that it has tested in the first place and that cleaning follows a set procedure.

I disagree with your call with respect to Big Pharma. For a single recall there are hundreds, perhaps thousands of batches that are produced to acceptable quality levels.

My point exactly.We only saw the one example of where big pharma was caught out we now know after a very hush hush investigation they knowingly send aids infected hemophilia blood products to third world countries without a second thought knowing it was infected with HIV.We also know that they push untested and very dangerous products on people every day.they also give cash bonuses and holidays/bribes to doctors who sell or "Recommend" only there products.So the whole system is so corrupt to put any trust in it is to be considered foolish and right idiotic.just type "contaminated cold and flu tablets recall" into google and brace yourself.there is a major recall for contamination every year almost.

My point exactly
You ignored the true meaning of point and misconstrued it for your own purpose.

You highlighted some unethical conduct; yes, it happens. You highlighted some product recalls; yes, it happens. However, there is no evidence to suggest that these failings happen with the alarming regularity that you suggest they do.

Last edited:
Yes well if i had access to all the big pharma factories id build a dossier that would make your head spin and your eyes bleed.They work behind closed doors so if something big happens you me and the rest of the world would never know.But one thing is for sure at the end of the day its all about the dollar to them.and you and me are very expendable.

Sam, I'll give you a tip. If you are using Max's protein you are paying far too much.

Hm well I got a 5kg box of max's for $80 and that was good value compared to everything else in that store. What protein would you recommend instead? The thing with the max's is that an average serving size was like 3 scoops so its gone so fast. I'd really like to know of a better option of anybody has one?

Hm well I got a 5kg box of max's for $80 and that was good value compared to everything else in that store. What protein would you recommend instead? The thing with the max's is that an average serving size was like 3 scoops so its gone so fast. I'd really like to know of a better option of anybody has one?
I'm guessing you got 'Supersize' right? Hardly a protein powder when the contents are 64.8g CARBOHYDRATES and 28g PROTEIN per 100g. Meaning Carbs are nearly 65% of the product and protein is only 28%.....

I'm guessing you got 'Supersize' right? Hardly a protein powder when the contents are 64.8g CARBOHYDRATES and 28g PROTEIN per 100g. Meaning Carbs are nearly 65% of the product and protein is only 28%.....

Yeah supersize :/ I asked for something with carbs because I thought i'd need the extra carbs for my bulking stage but most people have said its a bad idea. Is there anything you'd recommend that wouldn't be too costly to use ?

A WPI from nobullsupplements.com.au mixed with milk. Saves you money and gets you more protein per serve.

The most cost effective protein is WPC. For the win acquire - WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE (WPC) - 1KG

It all comes back to you consuming adequate calories to support muscle growth and sufficient minimum levels of protein and fats. They are your essential macronutrients.

Once you have got them covered (which your protein powder will help you meet some of your protein needs) the rest of your calories can come from any macronuritent spread you like. All carbohydrates or a mix, whatever suits you and supports your performance goals. So if you struggle to get the carbohydrate intake in (honestly the only way that will be a problem is if you have a poor appetite) that is where a carbohydrate powder can be taken.

Overall whole food is your first priority and whatever you can not acquire from your whole food then powdered protein etc is then used to fill in the missing parts :)

The most cost effective protein is WPC. For the win acquire - WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE (WPC) - 1KG

It all comes back to you consuming adequate calories to support muscle growth and sufficient minimum levels of protein and fats. They are your essential macronutrients.

Once you have got them covered (which your protein powder will help you meet some of your protein needs) the rest of your calories can come from any macronuritent spread you like. All carbohydrates or a mix, whatever suits you and supports your performance goals. So if you struggle to get the carbohydrate intake in (honestly the only way that will be a problem is if you have a poor appetite) that is where a carbohydrate powder can be taken.

Overall whole food is your first priority and whatever you can not acquire from your whole food then powdered protein etc is then used to fill in the missing parts :)

True man. Really i try to get most of my protein intake from full meals instead of supplementation but with working and school its hard to find the time for 6 meals so i treat my shakes as meal replacements when theres no other alternative.

Thanks for that i'll definately check it out, I've been looking for a good place to get some quality supplementation for my money, I'll definitely take another look at my diet and make some tweaks where they are needed. Thanks alot :)

True man. Really i try to get most of my protein intake from full meals instead of supplementation but with working and school its hard to find the time for 6 meals so i treat my shakes as meal replacements when theres no other alternative.

Thanks for that i'll definately check it out, I've been looking for a good place to get some quality supplementation for my money, I'll definitely take another look at my diet and make some tweaks where they are needed. Thanks alot :)

Oh oh you said 6 meals. Expect a long lecture from Max soon.

Save him the trouble and read his canning the 6 meals myth thread. It will teach you a lot.

Okay so I just read your thread max and the whole thing just confused the shit out of me since I've always read about keeping it at 5-6 well balanced meals a day. From what i've gathered from all of that I should be completely changing the way I think about nutrition but i'm pretty lost as well. A lot of the stuff in there I really have no idea about so I don't know where to start! Im feeling pretty dumb right now, I have a lot of learning to do. I guess i'll have to read over and study that a few more times. Thanks for your help anyways :)

Okay so I just read your thread max and the whole thing just confused the shit out of me since I've always read about keeping it at 5-6 well balanced meals a day. From what i've gathered from all of that I should be completely changing the way I think about nutrition but i'm pretty lost as well. A lot of the stuff in there I really have no idea about so I don't know where to start! Im feeling pretty dumb right now, I have a lot of learning to do. I guess i'll have to read over and study that a few more times. Thanks for your help anyways :)

Smart move.

I'll sum it up really easily :)

Eating 6 times a day/more frequently has no metabolic benefit over 3 times a day/less frequently. Meeting your required nutrient requirements is more important than nutrient timing. Meal frequency/timing is irrelevant to body composition and performance (unless you are an athlete who has multiple evens in the SAME day and that is when nutrient timing becomes more important).

Meal frequency is of personal preference and what suits you to consume your required caloric needs.

The name of the food does not determine how big or lean or fat or whatever you get. It is all on the on the back of your calorie intake and consuming sufficient macronutirents (protein and fats) and micronutrients (vitmains and minerals). Food choice is of personal preference and should be whatever allows you to adhere to your required calorie intake for the long term.

Long term calorie, macronutirent and micronutirent is what determines your body composition, not day to day nutrient intake.

I hope that clears it up a little more and simplifies it somewhat :)

I'll sum it up really easily :)

Eating 6 times a day/more frequently has no metabolic benefit over 3 times a day/less frequently. Meeting your required nutrient requirements is more important than nutrient timing. Meal frequency/timing is irrelevant to body composition and performance (unless you are an athlete who has multiple evens in the SAME day and that is when nutrient timing becomes more important).

Meal frequency is of personal preference and what suits you to consume your required caloric needs.

The name of the food does not determine how big or lean or fat or whatever you get. It is all on the on the back of your calorie intake and consuming sufficient macronutirents (protein and fats) and micronutrients (vitmains and minerals). Food choice is of personal preference and should be whatever allows you to adhere to your required calorie intake for the long term.

Long term calorie, macronutirent and micronutirent is what determines your body composition, not day to day nutrient intake.

I hope that clears it up a little more and simplifies it somewhat :)

Okay man thanks alot I understand what your saying, amount of meals and timing of meals don't matter as much as getting the right amount of calorie and nutrient intake no matter how many meals you get them from. But i think most days i'd be eating at least 5 meals anyway just because thats how frequently i eat considering I have;

- Breakfast
- 2 meals during school (Recess and lunch)
- A meal after school
- A shake pre-workout
- Dinner

i don't really think of my metabolism rates when i'm eating this much, it just comes naturally to eat that many meals considering most of the time i only have the time to have quick, small meals anyway. From this i usually end up getting the correct calorie and nutrient intake. Thanks alot again for your help :)

If you think i've misunderstood something you said please feel free to correct haha

Okay man thanks alot I understand what your saying, amount of meals and timing of meals don't matter as much as getting the right amount of calorie and nutrient intake no matter how many meals you get them from. But i think most days i'd be eating at least 5 meals anyway just because thats how frequently i eat considering I have;

- Breakfast
- 2 meals during school (Recess and lunch)
- A meal after school
- A shake pre-workout
- Dinner

i don't really think of my metabolism rates when i'm eating this much, it just comes naturally to eat that many meals considering most of the time i only have the time to have quick, small meals anyway. From this i usually end up getting the correct calorie and nutrient intake. Thanks alot again for your help :)

If you think i've misunderstood something you said please feel free to correct haha
Not a problem, if that is your daily schedule and your normal times to eat that suits you, sweet. :)