• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Take your studies and shove them up your ass

MaxBrenner

Someone is a little upset :D I've not been able to stop laughing at his rant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wluhZ-XnmRw&feature=player_embedded]Ask The Machine?TigerFitness.com/Machine Training Solutions - If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM) - YouTube[/ame]

Apart from the way he portrayed his message, I do agree with him. Don't know about the whole organic part though whole real food o we processed anytime

Most people against the IIFYM style of eating go straight to the the straw man argument of people just eating lollies and protein powder to hit there macros. Just like this bloke did a few times.

No one is saying that, the bulk of your food comes from "clean" type foods and the 10-20% comes from what ever you want to make up the macros.

Most people against the IIFYM style of eating go straight to the the straw man argument of people just eating lollies and protein powder to hit there macros. Just like this bloke did a few times.
Exactly right Bazza! That type of argument is just mis-guided and going to the extreme.

I still eat my vegetables :D

lol, I was gonna start a topic on this.

Was a little to far fetched, but its true, if your eating shit, your body will be shit lol. but no need to go hippy and eat all organic stuff

The funny thing was, he used to state there were 'studies' that showed BCAA's (Xtend)>Whey! Bias opinion of course (of his) and no one (that I know of) has seen this 'study'!

Yet now he is saying that these types of studies are shit even though there are credible studies etc.

Last edited:
I herd Hannibal got shredded for the silence of the lambs from only eating humans that only ate organic lamb and whole grains!!!

how to make maxbrenner angry :

must eat every 3 hours for metabolism other gain fat
Must wake up in middle of night to down a casein shake to prevent catabolism
Must eat all food clean, chicken/rice/broccolli all day baby

+ take BCAA's when not in a fasted state :p

he is pretty much spot on from a bodybuilding point of view...I do think though if your an average joe trainer you can get away with doing IIFYM...

Liam you are awesome! :D

I may think that is stupid but I no way get as angry as 'The Machine' :D He is just full of shit.

Last edited:
Bazza and JZ, I love you guys! :D

FYI Joel, I followed IIFYM got to 3.5% bodyfat (competition condition and bodyfat levels), blood work done and everything coming back in healthy/normal levels! The funny thing was, HE even acknowledged that BODYBUILDERS can get 'shredded' and into competition shape following IIFYM! So your bro-science was just proven by a mad bro trying to bash it!