• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

SWH

I was just wondering how much size i should be adding on weekly while bulking. At the moment i've been adding on around 0.5 - 1kg a week and i was just wondering if thats normal? I thought maybe because im just coming up to my first month in gym im just getting some good newbie gains although i hope im not packing on kilo's of fat weekly. Is this a healthy amount of weight to be gaining weekly?

That sounds about right but hard tell how much fat without knowing the finer details

Okay good well this week im going to get my bf% done at a shop so i can figure out the final details but as long as im not gaining too much :)

Okay good well this week im going to get my bf% done at a shop so i can figure out the final details but as long as im not gaining too much
So if it looks like you've gained a bit more fat than you have anticipated, would you then reduce your calories or increase your training?

Fadi.

So if it looks like you've gained a bit more fat than you have anticipated, would you then reduce your calories or increase your training?

Fadi.

agreed you have to think about it logically...1kg a week is around about 50kg a year..so probably reduce your cals a little

why not up the training? enjoy the extra food, And train a litter harder, To me that tastes better and feels better

agreed you have to think about it logically...1kg a week is around about 50kg a year..so probably reduce your cals a little

Yeah true but I thought that might just be some newbie gains. I'm approaching a month since joining the gym and eating more strictly. But yeah your probably right. Also when you say increase training? Are you trying to say, lift heavier or with more intensity? or try to fit in more training sessions or make them last longer?

Hi all... I have just joined this thread.... I have found this topic really interesting.... That is why I want to know more abut it... I hope you would be having ample information about it.... So would you like to help me out in figuring out what is this topic actually??? I shall be grateful to you guys..!!! Thank you so much in advance!!!!
Go ahead and introduce yourself properly Hi Fadi and welcome to ausbb instead of copying and pasting the same question in several threads, (4 so far)!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Yeah true but I thought that might just be some newbie gains. I'm approaching a month since joining the gym and eating more strictly. But yeah your probably right. Also when you say increase training? Are you trying to say, lift heavier or with more intensity? or try to fit in more training sessions or make them last longer?

well gaining weight is about putting more calories in then your using. So if you want to keep the amount you put in the same you must increase your expenditure aswell. However there is little point in using them up by performing lots of aerobic cardio work if all you want is to become big right now. So i assume what Fadi means is to increase calorie usage in a way that will help your goals- not just going through the motions.

having said that there are plenty of ways in which you can increase your calorie use in training- if your not already lifting heavy then that is one way - more training sessions are a possible way although how many do you do already? you could also slightly increase the volume (add a couple of sets) of your current program...

However if you feel as though your current program is giving you good results other than the extra fat i personally would just decrease my calorie intake a little. This is because its quite simple for most people to eat an extra 500 calories a day and a lot harder to use an extra 500 on top of the training they are already doing - as long as what you are currently doing is optimal.

well gaining weight is about putting more calories in then your using. So if you want to keep the amount you put in the same you must increase your expenditure aswell. However there is little point in using them up by performing lots of aerobic cardio work if all you want is to become big right now. So i assume what Fadi means is to increase calorie usage in a way that will help your goals- not just going through the motions.

having said that there are plenty of ways in which you can increase your calorie use in training- if your not already lifting heavy then that is one way - more training sessions are a possible way although how many do you do already? you could also slightly increase the volume (add a couple of sets) of your current program...

However if you feel as though your current program is giving you good results other than the extra fat i personally would just decrease my calorie intake a little. This is because its quite simple for most people to eat an extra 500 calories a day and a lot harder to use an extra 500 on top of the training they are already doing - as long as what you are currently doing is optimal.

Well at the moment i'm training 3 days a week as i'm going to school and need to allow a few days for work although the 3 day split has helped me achieve some nice strength and size results. I'm just still a little puzzled when it comes to calorie intake, up and down weight measurings all the time and getting as much as I can out of every training session.

To start, at the moment all i've been doing with nutrition is eating according to the amount of grams of protein, carbs and fats i should be having a meal because being new to correct nutrition i don't understand counting calories too well :/ since most things in Australia are measured in kilojules right ?

I've managed to gain i'd say 2-3 solid kg's of weight in the past 4 weeks although the results on the scales vary depending on the days, I was thinking this may just be the levels of water in my system at the time? but i'm definately making some weight gains since I started and along with that has come some good gains in my overall strength which i'm really happy with.

Training is probably one of the harder things for me as i'm still trying to correct my form which means i'm not lifting as heavy as I could be, although i'm slowly coming to learn how the movements work and I am getting the burn the next morning so hopefully things are working.

All in all i'm happy in my results so far but I was just looking for an opinion as to how i'm going compared to most other average bulkers just to be sure that i'm not doing anything wrong. Thanks for the help :)