• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DKD

Private Dancer
Does anyone here do inverted rows? They don't get much of a mention on the forum but i reckon they're a pretty good exercise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvkIaarnf0g"]DeFrancosTraining.com - Inverted rows (feet elevated) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t97EjUsCFNw&feature=related"]Inverted Row - YouTube[/ame]

The second vid kinda regards them as a stepping stone to pullups, which might suggest they're no longer useful once you can do pullups. Not sure about that.....I reckon they're still worthwhile even if you're also doing pullups.

I haven't done them regularly, but did 4 sets tonight and i love them...great for the upper back imo. I want to progress to the feet elevated style in the first vid.

Do them slow and controlled, with your body in a nice straight line throughout, with a wide-ish grip, and you'll get some good back strength i reckon.

EDIT - i don't like the grip in the second vid...i prefer slightly wider...hits the upper back better

Last edited:
stop pretending that's the first horny baby you've seen

ohh shit , did i say that out loud :eek:

Yeah I did these a lot for my athletics program. I actually forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me, going to start doing them again :).

ya there not much good for anything bodybuilding related but maybe with a weight vest with lets say 50kg they could be ok.if your an athlete there prob great.

yep they're prob not for a guy who has been lifting for several years. A coach i was using for a few sessions put me on to them as a way to improve back strength for deadlifting.

Never done inverted rows. Done a lot of standing, Pelendy (the 45degree angle ones) and now doing Bent over rows. You can feel the muscles being used when doign them, keeping perfect form can be awkward.

Yates row is the 45 degree one. Pendlay row is the row where your back stays arches and perpendicular to the floor and generally touch or rest it on the ground between reps. ( l think )

They have their use. I use them myself as higher rep work so I can finally smash Pullups like a mad man.

I had a play around with them on my new rings, but I agree with Doczenith, they aren't really good as they are pretty easy to do. May be good if you could add a waited vest etc, but I didn't bother adding them to my program. However i do them as a warm up exercise before I hit my pull ups, so they have their place as far as I am concerned.

Does anyone here do inverted rows? They don't get much of a mention on the forum but i reckon they're a pretty good exercise.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvkIaarnf0g"]DeFrancosTraining.com - Inverted rows (feet elevated) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t97EjUsCFNw&feature=related"]Inverted Row - YouTube[/ame]

The second vid kinda regards them as a stepping stone to pullups, which might suggest they're no longer useful once you can do pullups. Not sure about that.....I reckon they're still worthwhile even if you're also doing pullups.

I haven't done them regularly, but did 4 sets tonight and i love them...great for the upper back imo. I want to progress to the feet elevated style in the first vid.

Do them slow and controlled, with your body in a nice straight line throughout, with a wide-ish grip, and you'll get some good back strength i reckon.

EDIT - i don't like the grip in the second vid...i prefer slightly wider...hits the upper back better

The first and only time i did them was about 14 years ago using a chin up bar. I grabbed onto the chin up bar facing opposite of normal chin up direction and another guy lifted my legs up to about his shoulder level, then from here i did inverted rows.

Yeah I did these a lot for my athletics program. I actually forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me, going to start doing them again :).

Me too quite possibly, its a great exercise that isn't talked about.