• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

increasing vertical jump

True Dave I did the asca Cert and mini exam as it was in my opinion a better avenue then sports science (no offence) to the guys who have done it.. not many streams available

With Sport Science, it opens up a shit load of other options, Such as Physio, Rehab OT, EP blah blah blah.

If I'm honest, up untill about 3 months ago I had my heart set on S&C when I finish Uni. However, I have pretty much had enough of the politics and industry bullshit thus I think ill start looking at options in research or rehab.

ben - i think you would do great as a S$C your heart and soul are into the thing. ive seen u get behind your guys at meets and other people. Not many like yourself with that level of enthusiam in the industry. but eventuallythe BS and polotics wear people down. Just gotta grow thick skin. Its fucked but thats the way it is.

Nice work, great improvement.

Increase vertical always reminds me of this awesome vid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgG6KAer6Ak"]INCREASE your VERTICAL (with ice1cube!) - YouTube[/ame]

hahaha i watched that one before azz.. still a nice chuckle everytime i watch it.. The guys hilarious but he speaks the truth..
Theres no use having explosive power without the strength behind it.

ben - i think you would do great as a S$C your heart and soul are into the thing. ive seen u get behind your guys at meets and other people. Not many like yourself with that level of enthusiam in the industry. but eventuallythe BS and polotics wear people down. Just gotta grow thick skin. Its fucked but thats the way it is.

Haha thanks mate, When I finish Uni, ill move over there & breed strong people with ya :D

Haha thanks mate, When I finish Uni, ill move over there & breed strong people with ya :D

Watch out he will take that literally.

In the S&C world it is a lot about who you know. Since it is a such a small field professionally it is hard to make it. So you need to put in the volunteer work in the base levels and try your ass off to get in with a well respected coach.

Or you could just start your own private training if you are good at marketing.

a guy i knew is was under the ex- brisbane bronco's team S$C coach learning from him. he was fresh out of uni and no experience. his dad was on the board of directors and his knowledge has increased in leaps and bounds. Most newbies have to start with the lower levels and teach the under 21's or even the much lower grades.

wingman - I didnt get a chance to test his sprint times. I will during the next phase of his training. Currently i am deloading him for a week as he isn't recovering as well between matches. (work stress and family commitments add up).. He has mentioned his agility increasing as he outruns maneuver (im not a basketball coach so don't quote me :)) opponents who have marked him before last season. Only advice is get stronger on legs. Do lots of explosive type training and do plyometrics 15min after each session and most importantly WATCH your recovery if your in season. I made the mistake of pushing him on week 6 of the program and saw his lifts stall.

oldcorrolas - I managed to write down on a scrap paper what all his measurements before the training started. I fail sometimes at remembering where i put shit. So i just take pics now. :D

DetailsAle1x.jpg

So his reach was 228cm
And i was wrong his initial jump was 280cm not 282cm.. So basically his increased 11cm on his vertical.
Ive set his goal to be 3.2m to easily dunk the ring. This means another 29cm to go.

I thought I read in some other thread you worked in IT? (as do I) Haven't you heard of Excel / Access for that stuff? If I was a client and saw all my details on hand written paper I'd be asking you WTF.

wingman - I didnt get a chance to test his sprint times. I will during the next phase of his training. Currently i am deloading him for a week as he isn't recovering as well between matches. (work stress and family commitments add up).. He has mentioned his agility increasing as he outruns maneuver (im not a basketball coach so don't quote me :)) opponents who have marked him before last season. Only advice is get stronger on legs. Do lots of explosive type training and do plyometrics 15min after each session and most importantly WATCH your recovery if your in season. I made the mistake of pushing him on week 6 of the program and saw his lifts stall.

oldcorrolas - I managed to write down on a scrap paper what all his measurements before the training started. I fail sometimes at remembering where i put shit. So i just take pics now. :D

DetailsAle1x.jpg

So his reach was 228cm
And i was wrong his initial jump was 280cm not 282cm.. So basically his increased 11cm on his vertical.
Ive set his goal to be 3.2m to easily dunk the ring. This means another 29cm to go.
Great work Ceffo on increasing his jump by 11cm in such a short space of time - good comment on recovery. Thanks for posting up this info

I thought I read in some other thread you worked in IT? (as do I) Haven't you heard of Excel / Access for that stuff? If I was a client and saw all my details on hand written paper I'd be asking you WTF.

yeah my Pc blew up that week and i usually enter it in there along with my accounts... So i had to write shit down somewhere.. Its all good now..

Why is pen and paper so unprofessional? I don't exactly lug a laptop around in the gym.

Why is pen and paper so unprofessional? I don't exactly lug a laptop around in the gym.

As a gym member or a gym owner?

As a gym member, just memorise it and enter it in your computer when you get home if you like keeping records. I know I do - I've got a journal of all my workouts - including the very first one where I vomited just from the warmup alone.

As a gym owner, surely there's a PC there. Client records/data are pretty important, regardless of what industry you're in.

As a trainer.

I write my own workout stuff down via pen and paper, I write client info/lifts down via pen and paper if they don't have/forget their own log.

I would find it unprofessional to keep disappearing to type up their lifts every 5minutes as opposed to writing it down and later typing it up if necessary.

As a gym member or a gym owner?

As a gym member, just memorise it and enter it in your computer when you get home if you like keeping records. I know I do - I've got a journal of all my workouts - including the very first one where I vomited just from the warmup alone.

As a gym owner, surely there's a PC there. Client records/data are pretty important, regardless of what industry you're in.

Most gyms keep folders for clients files as transcribing data after each client can add hours onto your workload. There are a lot of notes besides lifts numbers etc that are written during a session. Keeping the info written in the clients folder is just as good. People did it this way for hundreds of years before the PC. Unless you have trained people and have seen the kind of notes (many of the things that can not be put onto a computer) you probably wouldn't understand.

I could never make an assessment of a client properly detailed and accurate on a computer as I could by hand.

I misread your post wingman.. LOL when training people I always have pen paper ... Latlely I've been using my phone for notes portable and I don't dont lose shit..

I misread your post wingman.. LOL when training people I always have pen paper ... Latlely I've been using my phone for notes portable and I don't dont lose shit..

I'm curious how / why you think you misread just because you may have been right the first time :p

sometime i read posts after 12 hours working and i either

a. Postwhore because i cbf really giving my opinion
b. I cannot read sarcasm on the forum after my brains fried
c. DKD posted naked pics on the forum and i got distracted