• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

jzpowahz

So I read a study the other day that had guys swinging a 16kg KB for 12mins. The average was apparently 265.

I was going to give it a go and see how many I get. Anyone else up for some conditioning. You know, so you don't get puffed out walking up the stairs :p

Leaderboard
16kg for 12 minutes
jzpowahz:455
Hyjak: 338
Mideon_696 & High Road: 280
Big Mick: 271
Eaglebay: 223

24kg for 9 minutes
jzpowahz: 350
High Road: 223
Chocchillimango:200
adamklam: 189
hyjak: 181
Littleladylifter:168
Mideon_696: 150

32kg for 6 minutes
jzpowahz: 210
Prison_Mike:170
High Road: 142
Mideon_696: 111
adamklam:90

32kg for 6minutes.
24kg for 9minutes
16kg for 12minutes

Last edited:
yeah, shoulder height & can put it down to rest if you wish. If you want to post a vid you can but I trust you guys. 12min vids are going to be MASSIVE!

Might give this a go in the next few days, will report back, I am new kettle bells (bought some but still looking at them instead of using them:p)

Any clips of the swing I am supposed to be doing??

For you no any other girl yes. You are on 16kg with us!

There is your mistake right there, dave. At 12kg if she out-reps you, you fall back on the "it's lighter" argument. At 16kg you are just asking to be humbled.

I'm just going to stick with the excuse that taller people have to swing the 'bell over a greater height...

There is your mistake right there, dave. At 12kg if she out-reps you, you fall back on the "it's lighter" argument. At 16kg you are just asking to be humbled.

I'm just going to stick with the excuse that taller people have to swing the 'bell over a greater height...

It is not if but when. And my excuse is I am about a foot and a half taller.