• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
did them at the end of training tonight but it was a bit of a disaster, dog stood on the timer and im sure i lost count at about the 120 mark so i did 150 reps in about 10 minutes and called it a day.

Ok, have watched the swing video (kettelbell that is:p), I have a 16kg Kettle bell, and I should be able to find 12 minutes over the week end to finally get some use from it.

Will report back once done!

EDIT:

Done!!!!!

First time I ever picked up a Kettlebell

16kg KB - 12 minutes - 237 swings

Last edited:
Basically (from what I've been taught) the reason they do longer stuff instead of the short HIIT type of stuff for kb's is that there is a generally accepted time for how long a swing should take (as well as clean and jerk/press, snatch and so on). If I remember correctly it's somewhere between 28-32 per minute to parallel. Obviously this does differ for people who are taller (like someone else said) and weight of the bell. If you are interested there is a bunch of stuff on youtube about girevoy sport, LCCJ etc.

My last KB challenge was
10 min
LCCJ 2x20kg
got somewhere around 80 reps or 3200kg

You guys lying on the floor for about 15 mins afterwards? That was what I did when I used to do 15 mins straight of dumbbell snatches.

i wasnt too bad but my grip and arms were caning thought i was gonna lose the kettlebell near the end

lol.

got 199...not happy. forearms were toast. :p
will try again next weekend, just for a giggle.
could have went a little harder..

So some thoughts on differing times for weights has come to the following.

32kg for 6minutes.
24kg for 9minutes
16kg for 12minutes

This should give a good mix for different size/strength/fitness people.

Get to it!

P.S I'm seriously feeling it today.

[dori voice]Just keep swinging, just keep swinging, just keep swinging, swinging, swining.[/dori voice]

Not gonna lie. Hardest farkin' cardio I've done in ages! Wish I took a vid but I didn't think I'd do any real decent number anyway. My mate was there watching though. He can attest that I was pushing pretty damn hard.