• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shocking Facts About Coke (Coca Cola)

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
1 Can of Coke/Day:

Calories = 140
Grams of Sugar = 39
Teaspoons of Sugar = 10 (4g of sugar in 1 teaspoon)
1 Can of Coke/Day For A Month (30 Cans):

Calories = 4,200 (1.2lb of fat – 1lb of fat is approx. 3500 calories)
Grams of Sugar = 1,1170
Teaspoons of Sugar = 292

1 Can of Coke/Day For A Year Stats (360 Cans)

Calories = 50,400 (14.4lb of fat)
Grams of Sugar = 14,400
Teaspoons of Sugar = 3,510

Nothing that shocking really. It's just sugar and some calories. Most "health" boost juice type drinks have more sugar anyway.

I used to be on a litre or 2 a day of the stuff before i began weight training and eating properly. 7 months clean, my stomach/kidneys thank me :)

I have a boss that drinks 2 cans of coke with lunch religiously, i don't know how he does it.

You can adjust for the calories though I would rather eat mine but you can not adjust for the acidity.

1 Can of Coke/Day:

Calories = 140
Grams of Sugar = 39
Teaspoons of Sugar = 10 (4g of sugar in 1 teaspoon)
1 Can of Coke/Day For A Month (30 Cans):

Calories = 4,200 (1.2lb of fat – 1lb of fat is approx. 3500 calories)
Grams of Sugar = 1,1170
Teaspoons of Sugar = 292

1 Can of Coke/Day For A Year Stats (360 Cans)

Calories = 50,400 (14.4lb of fat)
Grams of Sugar = 14,400
Teaspoons of Sugar = 3,510

Thats way less calories and sugar than most commercial mass gain shakes:)

Add some protein powder and Creatine and it will be the perfect post workout drink:p

Mannn I love drinking coke, rum and coke, pies and coke, fish and chips and coke, ciggy and coke I love drinking coke! I used to drink it all day!! However a little over a coupl of years ago when I got serious with nutrition I stopped. I think alot of the fat that I have lost is due to not drinking coke anymore. I guess in reality its a mix of all things eating healthy now but at the end of the day all the overweight ppl I know drink coke. I still have a can every now and then if im passing out at my desk at work after a train (usually after deadlifts and back workouts I find) but thats rare maybe once every few months. I feel like everyone is looking at me thow and thinking.... Hes drinking coke! Haha Damn I love coke...

Very rarely i'll mix one with some Chivas Regal (most of the time on the rocks) but yeah, avoid any any carbonated drinks. If I do have them, they're diet/zero variety.

One of the guys i work with drinks on average 8 cans of coke over an 8 hour shift, he also rocks up to work in the morning with a bag of maccas and a large coke from there.

He is 22 and weighs around 180kg

i didnet drink coke or any soft drink for a good 3 or 4 months, I was never a big softdrink person but this is just how it planed out, I did not stop for health benifits ect.

Had a glass of coke the other week die to nonthing else and could not for the life of me finish it. It was like drinking bloody syrup. I never relised how sweet it was. Rasberry fanta and orange it even worse i think,

Water or weak cordial for me.