• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post Thank You added

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
After Popular demand , a "thank you" mod has been added to Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding

One of the biggest problems on forums as you may know is 'posts boosting'. There are users who LOVE to say 'thanks' when ever they can. How can it hurt? Their post count goes up, they have nothing to loose.

There are also users who really like to express their thanks to post but don't like posting a post that looks like they're post boosting.

Then comes the moderators who have to delete people's thanks yous so a thread can look readable with out the thanks yous thrown around.

Finally comes the posters of these useful posts. They have no idea how many people really likes their posts if only some people say 'thanks'.

What this hack does is fix ALL these problems - except those users who like post boosting. This places a button called 'thanks.'
post_thanks.gif
When a user clicks on it, it places his username in a box right under the post saying that so-and-so says 'thanks' for the post. Every-one who clicks is placed in one box.

Thanks but no thanks.

No offence Sir Admin, but I don't see anything in your explanation as a valid reason for introducing this.

Posters have no idea how many people really like their posts? I doubt guys are losing sleep wondering about this.

Having a tally of how many times someone has said thanks? I don't see the point of this. It's turning us into a girl guides convention. What next, compliment button with room for text? "oh Joel, your left delt tatoo contrasts beautifully with the colour of your eyes".

Sorry General, I might get 20 butt lashes and some solitary confinement, but just my opinion bro.

See how it goes I suppose....just doesn't seem that great to me.

Ceffo and I have come to the conclusion that we need a "You're a fucking idiot" button too. Though it could be possibly overused by Bazza and Joel.

I think we also need a "Postal Address" button so you can see details of where you can send flowers and chocolates to the guy whose post you were smitten with.

Thanks but no thanks.

No offence Sir Admin, but I don't see anything in your explanation as a valid reason for introducing this.

Posters have no idea how many people really like their posts? I doubt guys are losing sleep wondering about this.

Having a tally of how many times someone has said thanks? I don't see the point of this. It's turning us into a girl guides convention. What next, compliment button with room for text? "oh Joel, your left delt tatoo contrasts beautifully with the colour of your eyes".

Sorry General, I might get 20 butt lashes and some solitary confinement, but just my opinion bro.

See how it goes I suppose....just doesn't seem that great to me.

there was a demand for it , i listen to the members , so i introduced it

Ceffo and I have come to the conclusion that we need a "You're a fucking idiot" button too. Though it could be possibly overused by Bazza and Joel.
Thank you for that fantastic post dave. I totally agree on all counts :D

I would like you to be aware that i have feelings of gratitude towards the effort you made in contributing that post.

I've trialed it and I don't like it.

I think you can flick the "thank-You" system Graeme.

Really it's more of a "Like" rather than "Thank-You"

change thanks to like = profit??!

The button is good for when you cbf replying but want to make a reply lol