• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone here make quark?

Alpha Moth

Quark is a German cheese, similar to cottage cheese (no curds), but superior with more protein content and much, much better taste.

Been thinking of getting a yoghurt maker and making my own because I can't find it in Aus stores. Anyone do this/heard of quark?

I have been to Germany and I have eaten Quark, it's delicious, I was almost addicted to it.

Not sure why it's not available here, have looked for it and never found it, if you can work out how to make it count me in:)

I have been to Germany and I have eaten Quark, it's delicious, I was almost addicted to it.

Not sure why it's not available here, have looked for it and never found it, if you can work out how to make it count me in:)
It's very easy to make.
ITT I aware misc about quark & teach you how to make. GTFIH if u hate cottage cheese! - Bodybuilding.com Forums

However I think using a yoghurt maker would be easier since then you will not need to replace the hot water all the time.

I'd heard of it from overseas but really CBF making it when I can just buy cottage cheese cheap as chippies (and already premake yoghurt & milk)

I'd heard of it from overseas but really CBF making it when I can just buy cottage cheese cheap as chippies (and already premake yoghurt & milk)

Mate Quark is NOTHING like cottage cheese, I am not a fan of cottage cheese and have bought some with intention of eating it and ended up throwing it out:mad:, this stuff is addictive especially mixed with berries and stuff, craps all over yogurt as well.

Apart from that if you make it you know whats in it, my beef jerky I now make has all natural ingredients, with zero preservatives and unknown chemicals added.

Just something to think about anyway, but the taste will make all the difference to me.:)

EDIT:
I do however wish I could just buy the stuff in a shop like you can in Germany...

Last edited:
aah ok. I had just seen it used in various recipes with cottage cheese as a replacement. Either way, I just eat CC from a tub no probs :p I may give it a go sometime though.

I had quark at my folks place a couple of weeks ago. Not sure where they got it but they live east 'burbs of Brissie. I like cottage cheese (especially the one with chives in it.)
check out barambahorganics.
10.8% protein
9.6% fat

Last edited:
I'm quite interested to try this stuff.

Apparently you can get fat free quark, which has a VERY attractive macronutrient profile (especially on a cut), I very highly doubt I'll find it in Perth tho, especially at a reasonably price.

Making my own may be a viable option..

Similar to greek yoghurt, but way better. It's really good with fruits mixed in, herbs, onions, or whatever. I can't stomach CC, but I can eat a lot of quark.

Where do you buy it from and for how much?

And can you buy the fat free version anywhere that you know of? (which one do you use btw?)

Where do you buy it from and for how much?

And can you buy the fat free version anywhere that you know of? (which one do you use btw?)

i make it. it's about 10 minutes of work, just a day of waiting. i was just saying i might get a yoghurt maker to make the process a bit easier. When it's finished I add usually herbs and stuff, in germany it's called kraeuter quark and it tastes sooooooooo good.

before that i lived in germany, where it was ready for about 60cents per 500g..

Last edited:
i make it. it's about 10 minutes of work, just a day of waiting. i was just saying i might get a yoghurt maker to make the process a bit easier. When it's finished I add usually herbs and stuff, in germany it's called kraeuter quark and it tastes sooooooooo good.

before that i lived in germany, where it was ready for about 60cents per 500g..

Oh right, I interpreted your post as you hadn't made it yet, and wanted to know if anyone else had tried it!

I am really keen to try this stuff, sounds like good diet food. And cheap too. Not sure if I can be f'd making it though.

Well I bought the mesophilic starter culture from a home brew shop. Mad Millie's brand. Will have a go soon.

TLS: did you ever have a go at this? Had some quark the other day & I'm keen to try and make some with the easiyo :)