• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Topic of the Week - How Important Is Warming Up?

tho i will admit speding 15 min everynight after training, then a little again in a warm shower does wonder, Was able to kick above my head hight no probs, But you need to be constisnt, Now im no were near as good, I almost feel weights make everything a bit tighter. so its still important, Flexability can help prevent alot of injurys. More so corect warming up

I do a few minutes on punching bag to get the blood flowing....bit of light punching and kicking...nothing too full on.

Then a few minutes on foam roller.

I dont warm up,basically roll my shoulders back and forth.Flex my muscles get the blood flowing.Then smash the weights.When it really hurts i try to stretch it out but doesnt really help.

I do some light weight movements first than have a bit of a stretch. eg, I do squats without any weight for about 2-3 sets of 10 or so, than I stretch and gradually build up the weights until i feel ready to smash my work sets.
Edit: Oops, so to answer the OP, I think its really important to warm up, I just can't hit it hard without a good preparation program.

Last edited:
Generally I will do some jump rope for 2-3 minutes, soft tissue work and then mobility if I am feeling particularly tight.

Then I will warm up for squats with squats, bench with bench, deads with deads etc etc