• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power lifting coach

nazzysmith

kuncesmith
Hi all,

Have just kicked off Starting Strength program...

Would like to do a couple of sessions with a coach/trainer to ensure that my form is 100% for Squat, Dead lift, Power clean etc.... Before things start getting heavy...

Can anyone recommend someone????

I live near Liverpool which is located 30 min west of Sydney... So I guess anything around Sydney will do... I don't mind travelling...

Note: Looking for a trainer who knows what they are talking about ;)

The gym I train at has no quality trainers... And only one squat rack....

nazzy - your not too far away from the gym ..i think 25min from memory..

Just give me a call on my number in my sig and ill work on your lifts..

We also hold friendly powerlifting comps at the gym every 3 months regulary to keep things interesting and meet fellow lifters of the sport :)

Pete Upham - Shire, Speed & Strength in Caringbah. This guy knows freaking everything about lifting and the mechanics of the body for that purpose.

I had to see a physio earlier this year and he pointed out a few structural weaknesses in the way I've developed in terms of hamstring and upper back problems. Pete pointed out exactly the same thing to me months earlier, after only a session or two. The sessions with the physio gave me an appreciation of how on the ball Pete was with a number of things. Would highly recommend him.

peter will teach you the lifts like Rippetoe would, and how they are written in starting strength, that may make it easier.

Cheers all,

Greatly appreciated...

Shrek... I live in Horningsea park and train at Genesis gym hume hwy (Behind Opporto)

I trained at Squashlands for several years when I was younger was on and off there for 10 years... Its highly likely that we have crossed paths...

Cheers all,

Greatly appreciated...

Shrek... I live in Horningsea park and train at Genesis gym hume hwy (Behind Opporto)

I trained at Squashlands for several years when I was younger was on and off there for 10 years... Its highly likely that we have crossed paths...
Cool, what's Genesis like?

Telling him who "peter" is might help.

He was referring to this post...

Pete Upham - Shire, Speed & Strength in Caringbah. This guy knows freaking everything about lifting and the mechanics of the body for that purpose.

I had to see a physio earlier this year and he pointed out a few structural weaknesses in the way I've developed in terms of hamstring and upper back problems. Pete pointed out exactly the same thing to me months earlier, after only a session or two. The sessions with the physio gave me an appreciation of how on the ball Pete was with a number of things. Would highly recommend him.

Would have helped if he quoted it but it wasn't that hard to follow if you read the thread in logical order.

Cool, what's Genesis like?

Not as good as squashlands... ( Havnt been for a while so not sure what it is like now) However the crowds are less at Genesis...

Training Mon - Fri between 5pm and 8pm is a massive hassle at squashlands... So we chose Genesis on the basis that it wasnt crowed out...

There is still a crowd but you can get on the equipment very quickly....

However Genesis has crap hours...

Ill probably look around at the end of this year and change... What about yourself... Do you suggest somewhere????

Not as good as squashlands... ( Havnt been for a while so not sure what it is like now) However the crowds are less at Genesis...

Training Mon - Fri between 5pm and 8pm is a massive hassle at squashlands... So we chose Genesis on the basis that it wasnt crowed out...

Ill probably look around at the end of this year and change... What about yourself... Do you suggest somewhere????

I recently started training at the same gym, the benches can get a bit busy on a monday evening, but otherwise the single squat rack rarely gets any use (aside from myself).

Was a bit surprised to see they close at 4pm on a Saturday though...

I picked that gym for the obvious reason it is only a few min drive from my house.

I just joined Planet Fitness at Prestons for shits and giggles ($10.95 per fortnight) but still train mostly at home.

I also support pete upham at shire speed and strength.

Got help with my lifts and sprinting. Wouldn't believe the difference it makes, the bloke is on the ball.

I even started training there regularly as the gym is awesome and it would mean more hands on coaching from pete. Unfortunately with work it was just too far. Especially now I've changed jobs.

Usual commercial gym set up. Lots of machines, one squat rack, 50,000 treadmills and cardio equipment

I just joined Planet Fitness at Prestons for shits and giggles ($10.95 per fortnight) but still train mostly at home.

Yeah I know a few people who train there... I think its Casula Planet Fitness though not Prestons... Next to Bunnings....

I just happened to be at Genesis the night they offered 1 year memberships for half price plus 3 months free... Then I saw the advert for Planet fitness as I drove past....

I might just try it out anyway to see what its like... Whats the equipment like???????