• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The lats make up part of what I would deem the middle back.

Provided you get proper scapula retraction during the exercise the rhomboids and traps also get a fair amount of work.

Various forms of shurging
Farmers walks, is a very underrated exercise
Done coreectly, dumbbell rows are going to exercise the back more effectively than using a barbell
Dead lft
Squat
Press

Add chin-ups and then you will have most things covered.

Various forms of shurging
Farmers walks, is a very underrated exercise
Done coreectly, dumbbell rows are going to exercise the back more effectively than using a barbell
Dead lft
Squat
Press

Add chin-ups and then you will have most things covered.
This ^^^

Misus the deadlift and squat crap. That's for fat powerlifters.

I see more fat wanna be bodybuilders than powerlifters, and most of them being too much of a pussy to squat and deadlift.
Looking at the results from the last state/national level PL competitions, in every single weight class I didn't see any fat winners....

I see more fat wanna be bodybuilders than powerlifters, and most of them being too much of a pussy to squat and deadlift.
Looking at the results from the last state/national level PL competitions, in every single weight class I didn't see any fat winners....
Sorry Dicko, didn't mean it like that. Just trying to ignite some debate like the good old days.

Truth be told. Dead lifts have been the thing I noticed gave me thickness and a "V" down the spine.

Sorry Dicko, didn't mean it like that. Just trying to ignite some debate like the good old days.

Truth be told. Dead lifts have been the thing I noticed gave me thickness and a "V" down the spine.
I certainly didn't take offence mate. Just firing a shot from the pl side :)

Squats will build a thick back and v-taper by releasing more test and GH than any other exercise.......
....................................................................:rolleyes:

Single arm hammer low rows. Working one side at a time lets me bring my elbows back further and get a better contraction.

In all honesty, T-bar rows minus the t-bar. Just wrap your precious kitten paws around the bar and lift some heavy weight.