• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Topic of the Week - What Are Some Grocery Shopping Tips For A Bodybuilder?

Beef
chicken
lamb
pork
sweet potato
potato
carrot
frozen veg = broccoli,cauliflower, peas, beans
Nuts = macadamia, cashew

Last edited:
6 Days a week

4 Eggs
100g Chicken
105g Steak
80g Cheese
62.5 Rice Pasta
1 Banana
200ml Juice
40g Bacon
300g Yogurt
3 scoops of Whey

And the grocery bill is low - no junk or processed foods.

that sounds the goods antman, Tho i would be smashing all sorts of vegies and you couldnet go wrong with that

Mabey its just me but i love my vegies,

Keep it simple - meat, eggs, rice, pasta, rice, broc, green beans, sweet potato..and then walk to the supp store and get your protein powder lol...

I love Atlantic Salmon and Kangaroo. 2 things i never used to eat before i started lifting weights!

ive made a discovery.. ..

kangaroo fillet or steaks are currently around 15-18 dollar a kg. ive been buying kangaroo pieces, so pretty much the bits they cut off the steaks or fillets.. they good bits of meat and not fatty and they currently about 9-10 a kg. a tip for the fellow peeps.

I do the self service checkout and weigh everything up as carrots @ $1.98/kg... 2kg Salmon, 2kg eye fillet steak, 2kg chicken breast, 2 boxes biggest looser meal replacements, 900gm protein.. I get most of my essentials for 2 weeks for under 30 clams... Ill get caught soon I guess. I got caught putting eye fillet steak down my pants once and I was told never to return to the store!

I do the self service checkout and weigh everything up as carrots @ $1.98/kg... 2kg Salmon, 2kg eye fillet steak, 2kg chicken breast, 2 boxes biggest looser meal replacements, 900gm protein.. I get most of my essentials for 2 weeks for under 30 clams... Ill get caught soon I guess. I got caught putting eye fillet steak down my pants once and I was told never to return to the store!

LOLOLOLOLOL

i understand putting though avacados and fruit and veg as a cheaper product. ( Hey you want me to use this self serve crap i cant read properly, I dont know if these are Roma tomatoes or vine ripended, Thats your job at the check out)

But the meat and salmon is already boxed with a barcode is it not?

lol I know it makes me smile every time I leave the store. Boxed barcoded buzzered or not it all gets weighed up as carrots! Chicken and salmon u get from deli seafood and If u see a butcher walkin round the meat section u can just ask him to slice up a whole eye fillett I ask for 12 aprox 125g slices, theyll slice it and wrap it in butchers paper and barcode it for u with a smile. The chekout chicks buzzing round the self service chekouts r too bizzy collecting baskets and helping ppl to notice.

lol I know it makes me smile every time I leave the store. Boxed barcoded buzzered or not it all gets weighed up as carrots! Chicken and salmon u get from deli seafood and If u see a butcher walkin round the meat section u can just ask him to slice up a whole eye fillett I ask for 12 aprox 125g slices, theyll slice it and wrap it in butchers paper and barcode it for u with a smile. The chekout chicks buzzing round the self service chekouts r too bizzy collecting baskets and helping ppl to notice.

Nice.

I was watching this show on cider making, it mentioned that the farmers sell there apples for $600 a tonne. So farmers get ~66cents a kilo...

Its stupid how much food can be...

Wollies have had to can the "unexpected weight" alarm that used to go off, Took up way to much time getting staff over all the time to unlock them

Now you just weigh and enter the item. Aslong as the enterwight weight matched the bag weight your as good as larry.

And your right, You can ask the wollies butchers for any cuts of meat, any stlye any thicknes.

P.s They also stock the Cutting edge egg white bladders. $6.15

Though weighed up as carrots there about $2 a pop :)

I got snapped this morning the chekout thing freaked out on me sayin remove last item, a dude seen it and came ova as I was about to pile everythin bak into my basket and pretend like id forgotton some shit and was gona head bak to the isles... He looked at the screen and says u got alot of carrots there mate then looked into my bag... No carrots! Haha I said, Why is it bringin everything up as carrots?? He goes just go to checkout 1 its free. I had to pay full price for everything, I had 2kg salmon some rice pasta onions broccoli capsicum and sweet potato it came to over $100!?!!? I was so pissed off... Funny thing is the dude that snapped me would not make eyecontact with me and even pretended to believe my story about the chekout bringing everything up as carrots. Weird how some ppl are programed to avoid confrintation he knew wat I was up to but was happy to just roll with my story haha... Note to self one item weighed up as carrots per shop run and always have a carrot or 2 in the bottom of the bag encase its looked at!

I got snapped this morning the chekout thing freaked out on me sayin remove last item, a dude seen it and came ova as I was about to pile everythin bak into my basket and pretend like id forgotton some shit and was gona head bak to the isles... He looked at the screen and says u got alot of carrots there mate then looked into my bag... No carrots! Haha I said, Why is it bringin everything up as carrots?? He goes just go to checkout 1 its free. I had to pay full price for everything, I had 2kg salmon some rice pasta onions broccoli capsicum and sweet potato it came to over $100!?!!? I was so pissed off... Funny thing is the dude that snapped me would not make eyecontact with me and even pretended to believe my story about the chekout bringing everything up as carrots. Weird how some ppl are programed to avoid confrintation he knew wat I was up to but was happy to just roll with my story haha... Note to self one item weighed up as carrots per shop run and always have a carrot or 2 in the bottom of the bag encase its looked at!

Welcome to the real world

Stop being a low life and pay for your bloody food.