• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Did you start out as skinny/fat/skinnyfat/muscular/obese?

nice one!^^

hmm started.. ive been going to the gym since i was 16?.. doing some weights every now and then.. some times 5 times a week sometimes 0/ week
my weight has fluctuated from 48-56kg

i would like to be around 49/50, i felt very uncomfortable in my body when i hit like 56.. i had never been a size 12 before.. usually hovered around 8-10
somehow ive lost weight in general since going to uni.. not necessarily through exercising more
yes

life story

ive also found that since ive been starting to go to uni, i haven't lost weight but haven't put any bad weight on because of the fact that money is a big issue to uni students.

also. i started as 80kg fatty. tall fatty. now im 87kg, tall, not so fat.

Some good gains and losses here, well done

I started at an average build 79kg, now sitting around 88kg, still with a bit of belly fat but much thicker shoulders/back/arms/quads/hams

I started training when i was in year 8,so i think i was around 12.Cant really remember weight back then but was chubby.Just over 5FT.I trained solidly for 6 years or so.I remember when i was in year 10 i was 160cm around 70kg.Then year12 came weighed 82kg and height around 164cm,and very very fit/stock/muscly.

Then started the work force,backed off the training put on couple of kg's got up to 86kg and heighyt grew by 3cm or so.

Then up till now im 104.5kg 173cm tall,very very solid,big and muscly (not cut).I just wanna be big lol.Body fat % is 27.

Hard to say. Been yo-yo'ing with different training. I've always been reasonably fit whether I was exercising or not.
1999 - 75kg very lean (smoker, drinker & ate shit)
2003 - 110kg fat & overweight (still smoking, drinking & eating shit)
2005 - 104kg overweight 27% bf (started exercising regularly. on & off smoking, cut down on drinking & cleaned up diet a lot)
2009 - 83kg @ 10.6% bf (non-smoker, drinking only on occasions, mostly clean diet)
2010 - Started lifting regurlarly @ 85kg
2011 - 97kg @ 17% bf

I was stupidly skinny.... I still think I am, reverse anorexia?

I'm 6ft, and was 69kg, with next to no muscle mass.
I'm now 93kg, 10.5%.

Goal for next 2 years is 114kg <14%.

Same here started at 62KG @ 5'10. Now i'm 80KG roughly but still wont be happy until im up around mid 90s which I hope to get to in the next year or so.

I still think im skinny as well. Well I probably am at 80KG.

I started training at 19 years of age, 5'10" weighing in at a hefty 60kg with 3% body fat but had some fucken great definition though.

Last edited:
Started at about 17, 63~kg, probably describe it as skinnyfat. Weak as a twig too.

Now I'm 19, 77kg, a lot thicker but still lots of fat to shed off.

You guys must have some pretty fucked up diets to be 60kg skinny fat. Yeah I was only 57kg but at least I was ripped to the bone. I bulked up to 75kg and was still ripped. Once I hit 80 and above the fat started to appear.

What did you guys start out as before you began weight lifting. I started out as skinny fat, probably more skinny though. 66kg at 173cm, no abs, no definiton really
I started as an ecto mesomorph weighing a muscular 60kg at 162 cm/5.4' tall back in 1980 at 15.

full_995743991.jpg

Fadi.

You guys must have some pretty fucked up diets to be 60kg skinny fat. Yeah I was only 57kg but at least I was ripped to the bone. I bulked up to 75kg and was still ripped. Once I hit 80 and above the fat started to appear.

I'd like to see what skinny fat looks like, at 60kg I was 3% body fat, my bones had great definition.

I was around 75kgs (175cm tall) in my late teens and early 20's. Played football and cricket for over ten years and competed in athletics so I always kept pretty fit/lean.

I put on a bit of weight in 2009 through getting on the piss too much and eating shitty convenience food. I developed a bit of a gut and pushed out to 85kgs. Went back to the gym early 2010 and started to take it seriously. Late last year, I bulked up to a whopping 99kgs, and now I have trimmed down to 86kgs... and I have a couple of kgs left to lose in time for summer. :)

Unlike some of my mates, I just wouldn't allow myself pull the rip cord and become excessively over weight or obese, knowing how much work is involved to get back into shape.

174cm tall
Starting getting into fitness in general at 95kg. Lost heaps of weight (and LBM) and got down to 67kg. (skinny fat)

Then started lifting and am now 77kg@7% and looking to put on a bit more size slowly.

The other week I saw a photo of me at my 18th birthday, I was the fat kid!! 6ft and 120+ kg. No muscle tone at all! Now I'm 97kg with pretty good shape.