• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Experience on Wendler 5/3/1

Wow you guys know how to complicate the most simple shit...

If your bench is 100kg, your training max is 90kg.

Your first week would be 60x5, 70x5, 75x5+

After your first four week cycle, you increase the weight, so the first week, of the second cycle will look like this for bench.

62.5x5, 72.5x5, 77.5x5+

Each cycle add 2.5 or 5kg to each set from the previous cycle. If you want to go for a 1rm do it, and start again with 90% of your new 1rm.

If you actually follow the program properly for a few cycles, your not going to know your true 1rm, because you are progressively overloading. However you can see you are getting stronger because one cycle you might get 100x3 on bench, then the next month you get 100x6.

oh shit, didn't mean to start something here. But yeah, clarification on which way would be good. Not doing it yet as still beginner but may do so in the future.

Just completed first week of first cycle. On the 3rd workset (5+) iv'e only managed 6 reps on all excercies. I'm doing BBB and with my 5x10 i havn't reached 5 set's of 10 on the dead. Should i lower my number's and start again or contine through first cycle?

Are u going off a 90% max or ur full max?

For all assistance work (BBB) u pick any weight u wish (Wendler suggests 50-60% of max).