• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

routine for injured back

milketc

Hey guys,

My back has been a bit dodgy lately, gets a bit sore after mainly deadlift/barbell rows but also somewhat after squats. I want to do exercises which arent too strenuous on an injured back for 2-4 weeks to see if it improves. I have been hanging from a bar over the last couple of weeks to loosen up my spine, this feels good directly afterwards although then I do some squats and its all ruined again.

I found Bodybuilding.com - Bodybuilding And Lower Back Pain!

The routine from the above article:
Workout 1

Chest / Shoulder / Triceps

Flat Bench Press - 3x3, 1x12
Incline Bench Press - 3x3, 1x12
Dumbbell Bench Press - 3x failure
Dumbbell Flyes - 3x10
Seated Military Press - 3x3, 1x12
Front Raises - 3x8
Seated Shrugs - 3x3, 1x10
Triceps Pushdowns - 3x15
Workout 2
Back / Biceps

High Latpulldowns - 3x3, 1x10-12
Dumbbell Rows - 3x3, 1x8-10
Front Latpulldowns - 3x8
Preacher Curl - 3x10
Workout 3

Legs / Abs

Hyperextensions - 3x10 ( on machine )
Horizontal Leg Press - 3x3, 1x12
Leg Extensions - 3x10
Leg Curl - 3x10
Seated Calf Raises - 3x10
Crunches - 3x12-10 ( don't reach your legs with your torso. Just lift your torso 4 inches from the floor)
Workout 4

Arms ( supersets )

Preacher Curl - 3x3, 1x10
Close-Grip Bench Press - 3x3, 1x10
Dumbbells Curls - 3x3, 1x10
Lying Dumbbell Ext - 3x3, 1x10
Incline Dumbbells Curls - 3x3, 1x10
Pushdowns - 3x3, 1x10

Fairly sure ive heard bodybuilding.com is full of shit though so if any of you guys could give your opinion on a decent non-back-intensive workout i could do that would be superb.

Generally do some form of starting strength routine so I'm not entirely sure on the above routine..

Today I tried just doing:

3*8 bench press
3*8 seated dumbbell press
3*8 lat pulldowns
3*8 rubbish crunch machine thing
3*8 one arm dumbbell rows

Was considering just doing that every 2nd day for the next few weeks.

Go get your back checked first just in case. Don't do crunches when you have back issues. Keep away from that shit program. I don't know where you are at training wise so I can't help you there. Back wise try for core stability and lower back strength and endurance. You want a balance in strength between left and right and front and back. Also get your squat and deadlift technique checked. Keep away from heavy squats and deads for a bit. Get a professional to diagnose your issue unless you want to make it worse.