• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Saturday Challenges

Pottsy

Hey people,

So i have decided that of a Saturday when myself and a few friends can all get together at the same time to have a bit of a challenge day. Looking for some suggestions as to some fun exercises/challenges to attempt.

Some examples ive thought of are things like:

1/2 bodyweight strict military press with pause on chest for as many reps as possible. Most reps wins.

Bodyweight squats for most reps.

Dead hang wide grips for most reps.

Biggest 1rm for deads,squats,bench with bodyweight to weight ratio determining winner.

So yeah looking for things like that, even a timed circuit type thing with farmers walks etc. Throw some ideas forward.

Last edited:
Max overhead (strict, push, jerk whatever, just get it above your head!)

Clean and Overhead (either BB or single DB) max reps in x amount of time

Yoke walk for set distance

Farmer's walk for set distance

Max deadlift/rack pull

Those would be for a more strongman-esque feel

Thanks graz bags.

For a farmers walk, using dumbells, how would you work out a good weight to use as each person would be different. Say people in the 60-70kg use xxkg and 80-90 usse xkg etc

Might want to use wilks score for the 1RM's otherwise the skinnyfags will dominate lol

Thanks graz bags.

For a farmers walk, using dumbells, how would you work out a good weight to use as each person would be different. Say people in the 60-70kg use xxkg and 80-90 usse xkg etc

Yeah that's what I would do. Same with the overhead reps.
Yoke walk imo is best suited to a straight line (mainly cos it's dangerous to try and turn around with a loaded BB on your back lol) whereas Farmer's Walk you can do zig-zag purely cos if they fail they just drop the DBs and no harm done.

And as Oni says use the Wilks (or even glossbrenner) formula. Should even things up a bit for the 1RMs.

*edit*
Thinking about it, you could even use Wilks formula to determine the weight used for overhead reps/farmers walk etc
http://wilkscalculator.com/kg

eg 60kg lifter using 2x40kg DBs is 68 Wilks, 90kg lifter using 2x55kg DBs is 70 Wilks points

Last edited:
Anything that is timed is really fun.

Most 50kg powercleans in 2mins.
Most pushups in 5 mins.

Basically anything will work. It will also fk you up hardcore.

I will be looking at doing this kinda stuff after ProRaw.

One i used to do fairly regularly was:

Barbell Complex
10 x Hang Clean
10 x Push Press
10 x Back Squat
10 x SLDL
10 x Row
10 x Upright Row
10 x Reverse Curl
10 x Front Squat

Time it and whoever does that in the quickest wins.

I used to do it with 30kg but you can do it with any weight really.

Only problem with that complex is you will always be limited by how much you can reverse curl (provided it is a strict reverse curl)

prob go with the wilks.

Why was i getting stupid results like 30,000 but on the calculator.

Should be interesting as none of us are dedicated strength trainers and train more so for looks.

How about most total weight moved in 1 minute.

Or could be a mini curcuit workout 1 min on, 1 min rest for a round of 3 or 4 different exercises.

Each lifter can pick whatever weight they want.
Multiply all reps x weight lifted to get total weight moved, ie, work done.

check out the proraw ironedge rep challenge

as many reps as possible of:

MEN
Squat 1.5 x bw + 20kg
Bench bw + 20kg
Dead 2 x bw + 20kg
C&PP bw + 20kg
UDL 80kg KB

WOMEN
Squat bw + 10kg
Bench 75% bw + 10kg
Dead 1.5 x bw + 10kg