• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Article Ideas

MaxBrenner

I just wanted to get some ideas for future articles that will be posted on my blog but also might make an appearance on the forum as a topic for everyone's use (meaning the people who don't follow the blog :D ) or HCAM.

The current article I'm working on is on 'supplements'. I wanted to make it as direct and straight to the point as I could. But as I'm finding out, that is much easier said than done because I'm so anal :D

Suggestions?

How about the effect different rep & sets ranges have on your goals such as body composition, Power Lifting & Body Building

You could do a lot worse than discussing the Bulk/Cut routines that Alan A has just noted in his August newsletter. A realistic understanding of what is physiologically possible would do most trainees a huge favour.

You could do a lot worse than discussing the Bulk/Cut routines that Alan A has just noted in his August newsletter. A realistic understanding of what is physiologically possible would do most trainees a huge favour.

very good point

How about the effect different rep & sets ranges have on your goals such as body composition, Power Lifting & Body Building

i vote for this, maybe even include the rest timing effects on body composition if possible.

repetitioncontinuum.jpg

Perhaps something along the line of nutrigenomics? Leptin/ghrelin disorders...

Or liver detoxification and its role on hormones and how people can optimise these pathways to increase their free test levels?

christian I've been looking for a picture of that exact thing for ages but never knew how to word it in google. Thanks!

Got that PDF someplace in my files, so thanks Christian that is one article I now don't need to write! :D

I just think its been done to death, we know what to do so do it...

Some people think too much about how to skin a cat without trying it.

So much room for more interesting things we dont know about...

Not is 8 reps better then 10??

I just think its been done to death, we know what to do so do it...

Some people think too much about how to skin a cat without trying it.

So much room for more interesting things we dont know about...

Not is 8 reps better then 10??
Correct.

Put simply, use the rep range that is necessary for your individual goals.

If bodybuilding, doing a mixture of Scaro and Myo hypertrophy would be optimal.

The rest is pretty much self explained.

Hesre is a simple system of " double progression"

Pick an arbitrary figure

8 to 12

Pick an arbitrary weight

50 kg

Pick an arbitrary number of sets

Two

Over a period of months from one workout to the next, it should look like this;

50 x 10, 9
50 x 12, 10
50 x 12, 11
50 x 13, 12
50 x 13, 12
55 x 10, 10
55 x 11, 11
55 x 12, 12
60 x 10, 8
60 x 11, 9
60 x 11, 9
60 x 11, 9
65 x 9, 8
More often than not an increase in weight can stimulate growth
65 x 9, 9
65 x 10, 9
65 x 10, 10
65 x 11, 9
And so-on, as long as you see progress and your rep's are similar and controlled (good form) results will be amazing and your training life will be long and cosistant.