• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Test Booster Trial - anyone interested?

The placebo argument is just a self fulfilling point. It's all hypothetical with no evidence.

The placebo argument is just a self fulfilling point. It's all hypothetical with no evidence.

Lol. You sure. There have been plenty of studies done on varying effects of placebo and how it works. Also how to design experiments so they are placebo controlled. Probably stick to a topic you have at least a little knowledge on.

As soon as I started taking it I got vivid dreams and better sleep. Libido also increased a bit. It certainly isn't a magic pill, but you could notice effects.

Unless I get blood tests, there's no definitive answer either way.

Exactly, should have got bloods done prior to taking and got bloods once completed the cycle, that way you should be easily be able to tell if there has in fact been an increase or not.

You still ignored my previous post about all the other ingredients in pre workouts/stimulants. Are all these placebos as well? Calling something a placebo effect is just a lazy argument.

You still ignored my previous post about all the other ingredients in pre workouts/stimulants. Are all these placebos as well? Calling something a placebo effect is just a lazy argument.

It's because it doesn't matter.

I didn't say it definitely was a placebo effect just that with a single person taking a sup you can't say it is or it isn't.

Example. You have a headache. You take a panadol and it goes away. How do you know the headache wouldn't have gone away on its own? You don't.

Also when taking supps especially herbal type supps. You don't even know if what it says is in the bottle is actually in there. In a recent test on a lot of herbal supps they didn't even include any of the herb labeled on the bottle.

I've got something to say about your world that you live in where everything must be proven against a placebo.

Firstly answer this question: If you take an AI like aromasin to reduce estrogen will this increase testosterone?

Now lastly you often doubt Res100 and how effective it is or in your eyes isn't so please get some and take 25mls per day and lets see how your joints and sex drive feel after about a week with no estrogen left in your body then you can tell me how res100 doesn't work.

We have plenty of people who take too much and reduce estrogen too much and have all the typical symptoms of super low estrogen. Then you can test out weather it is a placebo!

You clearly have no understand of the placebo effect or how trails need to be conducted to get information.

I'm sure all your testimonials work great with the skinny gym rats but don't keep posting bullshit here.

Avoiding the question as usual.

Exactly, should have got bloods done prior to taking and got bloods once completed the cycle, that way you should be easily be able to tell if there has in fact been an increase or not.

Maybe they already did?

Getting blood tested is easy peasy.

Perhaps ON were after some real world trials on peoples moods rather than proven statistics and numbers garnered from clinical trials?

Real world trials on peoples moods????? People wake up every day in a different mood regardless if they are taking certain supps or not, can imagine that would prove or disprove anything......IF bloods had already been done then that should have been stated.

O.N give us RES-something that can clinically reduce cortisol; I would like to see that.

Wicked Supplements EndoAmp it's been proven in 3 or 4 human trials now to reduce cortisol by 39% compared to PLACEBO!!!
(Capital letters not intended for you Jungnaut)

Wicked Supplements EndoAmp it's been proven in 3 or 4 human trials now to reduce cortisol by 39% compared to PLACEBO!!!
(Capital letters not intended for you Jungnaut)

Is that based on saliva testing, urinalysis or serum?

By by the way I don't doubt the effectiveness of your core ingredient of Phosphatidylserine in your endoamp, just curious how you got the 39% measured.

This is one of the main ingredients in Wicked Supplements EndoAmp:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JISSN | Full text | The effects of phosphatidylserine on endocrine response to moderate intensity exercise

Methods

10 healthy male subjects participated in the study. Each subject was assigned to ingest 600 mg PS or placebo per day for 10 days using a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover design. Serial venous blood samples were taken at rest, after a 15 minute moderate intensity exercise protocol on a cycle ergometer that consisted of five 3-minute incremental stages beginning at 65% and ending at 85% VO[SUB]2 max[/SUB], and during a 65 minute passive recovery. Plasma samples were assessed for cortisol, growth hormone, testosterone, lactate and testosterone to cortisol ratio for treatment (PS or placebo).
Results

Mean peak cortisol concentrations and area under the curve (AUC) were lower following PS (39 ± 1% and 35 ± 0%, respectively) when compared to placebo (p < 0.05). PS increased AUC for testosterone to cortisol ratio (184 ± 5%) when compared to placebo (p < 0.05). PS and placebo supplementation had no effect on lactate or growth hormone levels.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some more you can look into:

13. HORMONAL EFFECTS OF PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE DURING 2-WKS OF INTENSE WEIGHT TRAINING [Annual Meeting Abstracts] Fahey, T. D.; Pearl, M. California State University, Chico
14. The effects of soy phosphatidylserine on cortisol, growth hormone and testosterone response to moderate intensity exercise. Starks, et al. University of Mississippi
19. Blunting by chronic phosphatidylserine administration of the stress-induced activation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis in healthy men. Monteleone et al. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 1992, 42(4):385-388

So if I was going to try it myself how am I supposed to tell my cortisol has dropped 39% besides doing a blood test? I mean I am interested and all, but I like some form of measurement please. :)

So if I was going to try it myself how am I supposed to tell my cortisol has dropped 39% besides doing a blood test? I mean I am interested and all, but I like some form of measurement please. :)

all of the notable benefits are on the products web page