• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How does BN protein compare to the bigger brands in terms of quality

davidb0312

How does BN protein compare to the bigger brands in terms of quality.

Hey guys, I was telling someone at my gym that BN WPC is good, but he reckons the BCAA makeup of BN stuff is pretty poor compared to something like Dymatize 100 (something like tht can't remember 100%). For me I think BN stuff is good because I'm trying to gain wait at the moment so any protein is good, just need the mass at the moment.

What are your thoughts on its make up compared to brands like dymatize. Please give honest opinions not biased ones because they are a sponsor. Who knows, it could help BN improve their stuff.

its fucking protein from a cow man, seriously how complicated does it get your gym rat mate has no idea about anything.

He's just soomeone that works there, not a PT from what a I know. Little does he know I do biotechnology at university and no more about proteins etc then him lol. Just thought I'd ask what you guys thought anyways.

most companies source from the same supplier, it comes down to if you like spending more money or not

wpc/wpi.

At the end of the day the composition mayu change slightly depending on filtraiton methods and the area the cows live in eat ect. But since they all come from NZ mainly its all the same.

The difference comes in additives pretty packages and price.

Its like comparing 2 creatine monohydrates its all the same molecule...

BN is a good company and i have bought many products off them over the years.

Whey protein is whey protein. Amino acids profiles (like ratio's of BCAA's) will be similar. Again as Christian mention, due to environment the cows are in and filtration processes there could/will be MINOR differences.

All WPC's will very similar amino acid profiles. As too will WPI's have very similar amino acid profiles. If you compare a WPC to a WPI there will be differences (amount levels) as the PROTEIN CONTENT in a WPI is higher than a WPC.

So tell your friend that he needs to stop reading musclemag.... :D

*EDIT- It also comes back to the credibility of the company and if they are labeling their products accurately and honestly with both the ingredients and amounts etc.

Last edited:
Even if BN was slightly inferior to the other companies (which isn't) I'd still pay for the much cheaper protein that BN has to offer. Can't believe I was actually paying $150+ only 4kg of WPC. What a rip.

How does BN protein compare to the bigger brands in terms of quality.

Hey guys, I was telling someone at my gym that BN WPC is good, but he reckons the BCAA makeup of BN stuff is pretty poor compared to something like Dymatize 100 (something like tht can't remember 100%). For me I think BN stuff is good because I'm trying to gain wait at the moment so any protein is good, just need the mass at the moment.

What are your thoughts on its make up compared to brands like dymatize. Please give honest opinions not biased ones because they are a sponsor. Who knows, it could help BN improve their stuff.
What do you call bigger brands???

Protein is protein no matter what package it come is and how much you pay for it, it all comes from the same wholesaler.

Dymatise 100 is only WPI protein with some additives to make it less pure at around $50 per kilo:eek:

If you are trying to gain weight Dymatise 100 is the wrong stuff anyway.

Your mate obviously hasn't gone through a side-by-side comparison of whey protein from 'no bull' companies, and the Iso-100. For starters, Iso100 is hydrolized whey and it's beneficial ingredients read: 100% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Soy Bean Oil, Sucralose. Contains Milk and Soy. Then compare Dymatize's WPI (which isn't even 100% WPI): Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolates, Cross Flow Ultra Filtration Whey Protein Concentrate (Providing Di-Peptides, Tri-Peptides, Oligo-Peptides and Poly-Peptides), Whey Peptides, Natural and Artificial Flavours, Acesulfame-Potassium. No Fructose, Sucrose, Fat, Fillers, Maltodextrin or Aspartame added to this product.

Everything I've left unbold is in reference to what Big Mick's said.

Yeah Max that's who I'm referring too, mobs like ON, Maxxs, Musashi etc.

Yeah I'd rather just have a bit more of Bn protein to make up for any "deficiencies" not that there really is any. The price of the others is just beyond a joke.

He wasnt' suggesting I get on dymatize for a bulk or anything just talking about protein in general but he's not a trainer (to my knowledge) he didn't even know about the use of dextrose post workout lol.

I've heard a few things here and there about it that seemed relatively good, I don't use a whole lot and it sweetens up my drink ( I use unflavoured). Dw I don't add 50g or anything silly haha. oh yeah I don't take it every session lol tht'd be nuts.

Last edited:
I'll pose a question to you, explain to me why 'dextrose' is needed post training, or carbs for that matter and we can go from there :)

Because slin is anabolic as fuark...

And if I'm going to have quick acting sugars i prefer to have them during training. Also for clients it helps build better patterns of "reward" for a positive..

Nitrotech is where it's at lol, this is in their official ad

"Nitro-Tech Hardcore, the only musclebuilding protein formula in the world clinically proven to help you add up to 8.4 pounds of muscle in as little as 14 days!"

ROFL

Nitrotech is where it's at lol, this is in their official ad

"Nitro-Tech Hardcore, the only musclebuilding protein formula in the world clinically proven to help you add up to 8.4 pounds of muscle in as little as 14 days!"

ROFL

Lol lol

I can't give you any more rep

I love reading stuff like "OMG that ON protein, i got the 2.5 kgs and I've put on like 5kg its soo good, cost around $150 for that but far out the best protein ever!" lol always see similar crap posted on the vitamin king fan page, gives me a good laugh. Then i'll come in and say something like ...oh man I've been eating lots of real food, and I've put on heaps of weight and it tasted a lot better.

It's all been covered before - The BodyEvolution Report: POST WORKOUT ANABOLIC WINDOW – REAL OR NOT, A WINDOW OR NOT, WHEY PROTEIN OR NOT?

And a few simple points -

As long as MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) is greater than MPB (Muscle Breakdown) gains in muscle will occur. Human muscle protein synthesis and breakdown during and after exercise Best example of meeting daily nutritional requirements is far more important that nutrient timing is followers of Intermittent Fasting.

A pre workout meal ONLY CONTAINING A 40GRAM SERVE OF WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, will result in a insulin response above baseline for at least 3 hours post training. The total amount of food consumed pre training will increase that response.

Muscle Glycogen/carbohydrates is used at roughly 5 grams per 2 sets of typical resistance style weight training. A study done on males in a fed state (3 previously consumed meals and an overall daily calorie in take of 3000 calories) showed only a 36% depletion in glycogen.[J Appl Physiol. 1998 Mar;84(3):890-6]

GI means nothing in a calorie deficit ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17413101 ) so it wold mean even less at maintenance of surplus. A study compared a HGI & a LGI diet composed of 65C/15P/25F, and found no difference in body composition. No how many trained athletes/people or for that matter active people you know have that macro breakdown? Probably none. Again, if GI doesn't make a dent even with a high carb & low fat & low pro, then it certainly wouldn't do jack in the typical BB diet which is much higher in protein (& fat). Furthermore, studies examining GI's effect on bodycomp haven't incorporated a structured or supervised exercise program, and STILL, low-GI treatments don't make a dent in bodycomp. If the comparison trials administered a structured exercise protocol, GI would matter even less.

Carbohydrates can digest at between 30 and 60 grams per hour so Glycogen replenishment over the course of a day is not a problem. As Alan explained - ''There's no need for quickly absorbed carbs postworkout unless you fulfill all of the following 3 criteria: 1) you have NOT ingested any pre or mid-training carbs, 2) you train to complete glycogen depletion, 3) you're forced to exhustively train those same glycogen-depleted muscles again within the same day.''

Last edited: