• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you check-in or status about the gym on FACEBOOK?

• Yes, I do both.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No, I don't do either.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Yes, I check-in but don't status.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Yes, I status but don't check-in.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Who the hell uses Facebook?

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Light Weight

As there's been a few recent posts and groups started on Facebook about people "checking in" to the gym and status' about smashing the gym, I'm wondering how many of you actually do it?
I check-in every time I go to the gym (garage gym) and I always have status' about my new PB's, etc... It gives me motivation when I see them on my profile and the congratulatory comments also help with motivation, also, I love going to the gym and getting stronger so I post it on Facebook so I don't see why people whinge about it as everyone posts things on there about their hobbies... At Least I'm not posting emo shit.

That's why I do it, why do you do it? or Don't do it?

"Status but don't check in"

There's a guy on my Facebook that does it and he gets comments like "You must live there" etc. But really he's just working out like everyone else.

I did it occasionally but now I don't. Couldn't be bothered doing it every time. It's also your lifestyle and doesn't need to be reported IMO. It's like checking in every time you go to work or something.

Posting when you've had a good workout or hit an important PB is pretty cool to see though, Gives others motivation. :)

Serious I think your a complete tosser if you post that shit on facebook.
Why don't I post things like oh hey im breathing.... its the same shit, most people do it, do not care.
/end rant

It's ok to catch up with friends but i agree, posting shit like "I'm bored" sucks ass.

I never post or check ins. I like to keep my stuff private. I don't go around telling everyone i go to the gym, if someone asks me ill say yeah and then they ask me a question (what do i eat) and i cbf so i say i dunno.

I have no problem with people doing that, except it can get annoying when everytime they are there they post it.

Whats worse is all the girls posting, "omg had such a good day, totz awezome ect ect."

I post the odd status updates when I make a new PR or make up a good quote but half my facebook friends are powerlifters now so they appreciate it.

Hatin' on other people's facebook updates is pretty lame though...

Google will release it's own Social Netwroking site soon if it hasn't already done so. Saw it on the tele a couple of days ago.

Facebook will have a rival.

Never been on Facebook, I have no interest in it what so ever. And from all the bad press it gets and the shit that it creates, it makes me wonder how the fuuurk its so popular? each to their own I guess.

Never been on Facebook, I have no interest in it what so ever. And from all the bad press it gets and the shit that it creates, it makes me wonder how the fuuurk its so popular? each to their own I guess.

the only reason you see it in the media is because it is popular , it's like anything you never hear good pr only the bad shit that goes on

i mainly use facebook to keep in contact with family and a few old school friends

i don't do checkins in as i like to keep that shit private , i guess it comes from the cb days where you never reveal to others that you are out of the house as it is an open invitation for your joint to get done over

Why would it be a joke?

A few years back My Space was all the rage until Facebook took over, now this new Socila netwroking site from Google will take over. Well that's what they are hoping for.

Read about it here.

Google's Facebook Competitor, The Google+ Social Network, Finally Arrives

lol. That's not what I meant.

I thought you were trolling when you said "I heard on the tele that google is releasing it's own social network soon". Because, it's been out for awhile now and has been in the news a fair bit, so it seemed like you'd been under a rock.