• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do you check-in or status about the gym on FACEBOOK?

• Yes, I do both.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No, I don't do either.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Yes, I check-in but don't status.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Yes, I status but don't check-in.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Who the hell uses Facebook?

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
i probably use fb more than anyone but never checked in there, never seen the point of it

I hate that check in shit;

I'm a private person, no need to share shit like that, I hate it when I'm out and a mate logs into facebook on there phone to 'check in' (and tags me there).
Life > E-life, facebook is not 'srs bsns'. People should be more interested in having fun or concentrating on there work to do that crap.

To me, when people care more about facebook/keeping people informed about there life, they seem like nob-jockies.

However if your putting up a PR/PB thats alright and if you have a large group of people with those interests. Just none of that 'smashed the gym' crap, keep it informative lol..

I used to be against checking in , until i was shown the right way to use , as a result it has gotten me free meals and or drinks

The people in life I truly wish to hear from or talk to are usually pretty accessible by telephone or even email if necessary, anyone not on that list or anyone I haven't talked to for years can stay in the ether for all I care.

I motivate myself for myself, I don't read anyone's log here and go "fuck yeah, I'm off to curl bro" but I like checking certain peoples training logs here whether its because theyre similar in lifts/size or they are just a fine author.

I really don't care for social media (I'm aware of the irony of using forums and I'm on a few) but I justify forum use since its a subject specific medium rather than the all powerful intelligence gathering service of twatface or facefuck or wherever the fuck else people are posting pictures to of their stupid kids birthday, cute thing their dog did or how shitty they are at the service from the local queer barista at the quinoa joint.

Last edited:
I post my gym/powerlifting stuff on facebook, fishing, spearing as well as pictures of my lovely wife to be and my "stupid kids".
I have relatives in Philippines, Scotland and Eastern States, so it's great to keep up to date easily.
Generally to the haters I say- "it's my facebook, you know where the delete button is, so fuck off"

Yeah I see forums the same way. With forums you're putting your info/training log out there, but it's up to others whether they want to read it. With Facebook, you're just shoving it down their throat.

I may post a photo from hiking or a progress shot, but they are few and far between.

The people in life I truly wish to hear from or talk to are usually pretty accessible by telephone or even email if necessary, anyone not on that list or anyone I haven't talked to for years can stay in the ether for all I care.

I motivate myself for myself, I don't read anyone's log here and go "fuck yeah, I'm off to curl bro" but I like checking certain peoples training logs here whether its because theyre similar in lifts/size or they are just a fine author.

I really don't care for social media (I'm aware of the irony of using forums and I'm on a few) but I justify forum use since its a subject specific medium rather than the all powerful intelligence gathering service of twatface or facefuck or wherever the fuck else people are posting pictures to of their stupid kids birthday, cute thing their dog did or how shitty they are at the service from the local queer barista at the quinoa joint.

Agree. I log on to Facebook once a month at most but I just unfriend people that post a heap of shit. Especially of pets and kids, no one gives a shit that your fucking kid made a funny face or what your dog is doing.

Would never post training to Facebook. Lol. Why would you?

Facebook is great for stalking selfie loving chick friends (and in turn their friends) who are into 'going to the gym'. Bound to find some quality lululemon shots to show off their 'gainz', which makes for great conversation at the next social gathering.

Don't have a face book, not big on any books, like John Connor, off the Grid.
Cosidering some my lifestyle choices, it's also beneficial to my health and safety not to advertise.

a lot of friendless criminals in this thread.be honest noone likes you thats why no facebook.Cmon Grunta please dont flatter yourself..John Connor? like if you fell off your bike you would somehow medically treat yourself whilst fighting futurist time machines?umm no.

Last edited:
but in staying with the theme of the thread,no facebook because im one of those John Rambo types.etc etc.

a lot of friendless criminals in this thread.be honest noone likes you thats why no facebook.Cmon Grunta please dont flatter yourself..John Connor? like if you fell off your bike you would somehow medically treat yourself whilst fighting futurist time machines?umm no.

Because being on Facebook means you have friends. Lol.