• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Quads

0ni

Registered Rustler
How do I unlock Lu Xiaojun mode? Specifically his quads. inb4 ''olympic lifting'', more specific please!

BLbZ9.jpg

Squatting. Im not 100% correct, but olympic lifters dont do any "isolation" exercises (leg ext.), all they do is just practise the lifts and some other key lifts. So squats, front squats ect.

oh and you need weigh more than you do now, and ............ genetics

Yeah, I was wondering about exact technique and exercises mainly...
Like should I switch to olympic style squatting or should I focus on full cleans or front squats etc. Will going deeper give me better quads? Basically if you could pick one exercise (apart from squatting as I already do that) what would give me the best quads

Yeah, I was wondering about exact technique and exercises mainly...
Like should I switch to olympic style squatting or should I focus on full cleans or front squats etc. Will going deeper give me better quads? Basically if you could pick one exercise (apart from squatting as I already do that) what would give me the best quads

Dont overthink it, just squat.

Awesome quads is very common among olympic lifters though so they must be doing something different

It's obvious that won't give me the results I want otherwise every powerlifter would have quads like lu xiaojun

Oni, it's not that fucking complicated. He is an oly lifter, he would do oly squats and fronts squats every day and probably multiple times a day. I'm guessing he squats a shit load of weight and isnt fucking around with finger curls and kettlebells.

If you copied his exact routine would you have quads like that, maybe, maybe not. If you want bigger quads squat more and get stronger.

I would try heavy barbell lunges Oni, I have done a few and they smash your quads and hamies. But they really hit quads hard. And you relise how bad your balance is too LOL, well I did, they are worth a try mate.

Awesome quads is very common among olympic lifters though so they must be doing something different
like only training for the Olympic lifts???
u would probably find that most powerlifters have quads like that, except they dont have the same bf% as him...

like only training for the Olympic lifts???
u would probably find that most powerlifters have quads like that, except they dont have the same bf% as him...

No if you look at powerlifters in the same weight class, they have huge hamstrings and smaller quads despite having similar bodyfat

Thanks, I will start adding front squats into my routine. As I'm doing 5/3/1 would you say doing 5x10 front squats after deadlifts would be a reasonable start?

If your not already front squatting then amount of sets and reps doesn't matter, just do them and do them heavy

It's obvious that won't give me the results I want otherwise every powerlifter would have quads like lu xiaojun

The whole idea of low bar squats is to shift the load OFF the quads and onto the hamstring and arse.

As far as your original question goes:

1/ eat more
2/ squat more
3/ front squat more
4/ do all sorts of squats more often
5/ eat more
6/ drink milk
7/ squat even more often
8/ eat more

If your not already front squatting then amount of sets and reps doesn't matter, just do them and do them heavy

The whole idea of low bar squats is to shift the load OFF the quads and onto the hamstring and arse.

As far as your original question goes:

1/ eat more
2/ squat more
3/ front squat more
4/ do all sorts of squats more often
5/ eat more
6/ drink milk
7/ squat even more often
8/ eat more

Awesome thanks, ya'll be jelly of my quads in 6 months :p

Awesome thanks, ya'll be jelly of my quads in 6 months :p

I know your joking about the 6 months but that bloke has probably been squatting and front squatting everyday for 5-10 years or something like that, maybe more.

It's gonna take time.

yea thats long term quads right there.

Btw squat deep (i mean deep).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jxTc2ITA8]Chinese Lifters at the 2008 Arnold - YouTube[/ame]