• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New gym needed (Bayside Melb)

candyflip

Fatty
I'm fucking sick of my health club - they never spot me when I ask (or act like it's a major pain to do so), everyone trainer does it differently when they do (some pull too much, others tell you to change your form mid-set!), and I'm generally fed up with not having any big boys to follow when I'm squatting and deadlifting in an area the size of a small kitchen table. :mad:

Anyone got a recommendation for Bayside in Melbourne where some decent students of the iron might be found?

If you're looking for a health spa close to home there are quite a few lifters who train at Fitness First Bayside on Bay Road. I usually go there when I'm not training in the city.

Some PA powerlifters train there and some big units, pretty easy going atmosphere if you get there after the cardio rush (7pm onwards).

It is being refurbished and they got a few new ABC power bars (the black ones with a gnarly knurling) which is pretty awesome.

Although if you are expecting help from the PTs good luck, as there aren't many there.

Thanks for the tips boys.

AdamKlam - cheers, now that I think about that area, there's quite a few little gyms tucked away in there. Will go have a hunt in the car.

Im at Good Life (Sandringham, formerly King Club/Re-Creation) which is about 1km from that Fitness First mentioned above.

It's okay, I go at peak time (about 5:30pm) so I get a bit frustrated when I cant get on the one good squat rack, and I just get by without a spotter as the trainers are only there to try and get you to do classes and know fark-all about strength training, and tell you not to squat to depth...

Nice and close to home but I might consider trying that FF as I haven't been in there yet. I only (?) pay $27/fortnight which I think is reasonable compared to what they originally offered me.

You can probably get a free guest pass if you want to check it out but you'll probably have to listen to their spiel...let me know if you do and Ill come say g'day.

and I just get by without a spotter as the trainers are only there to try and get you to do classes and know fark-all about strength training, and tell you not to squat to depth...

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid.. ;)

thnks for the info though - lots of little gyms in that area. Just, how many 'good' ones?

there is Arena Fitness on bay road as well, but it looks like its classes / PT / martial arts only.

there is Bayside Fitness on South Road, it is part of the Gecko Kids Fitness and Re-Creation on the Cnr of Nepean and South Road.

As a FF member, I can bring in a guest for free on weekends - let me know if you want to come in :)