• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

FFS damn spammers

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
in the last day or two you may have noticed that Ausbb - Australian bodybuilding got bombarded with spammers

In the past Ausbb has been running spam check , what happens is that when a person registers with ausbb their username , email address and ip address get checked against a database of known spammers or people that have been flagged as being spammers

This brings back false positives as you know with trojans etc being used as proxies some ip addresses are wrongly flagged as spammers resulting in them getting a message that they are a spammer and to contact me , i can then manually set up an account them

I got tired of manually setting up accounts so thought i would disable the plugin , which was a bad idea resulting in and influx of spam , the plugin was quickly renabled , and it will be staying enabled

this is the database we use http://www.stopforumspam.com

Im listed on your site but Im not a spammer

Firstly, its not an accusation of anything. A lot of the information that is listed is gathered from "honeypots" setup to trap spammers. Being listed on the site doesnt mean you have been sending spam. The IP address that you have, mightve been inherited from someone that spammed, someone may have just used your email address or even that you have downloaded a virus or trojan. If you use the contact page and be polite, then we can figure out whats going on and get it fixed.

Don't you have recaptcha on the registration man?
Most of these spam accounts are created automatically
I administrate an MMORPG private server forum and we don't have any anti-spam just recaptcha on the registration and never have any problems

nah don't use recaptcha , just use a simple enter the word , as a forum user recaptcha pisses me off , sometimes the sequence is unreadable ,plus there has been reports of recaptcha being cracked

as a forum user recaptcha pisses me off , sometimes the sequence is unreadable

I agree completely, those things are damn annoying.

Sometimes spambot wisdom tickles me though, it can be mildly amusing, but the ones we've been getting last few days (those 10,000 word mish-mashes) are just a nuisance.

they should be in the past now , in the next day or two a few might pop up using accounts that they setup when the defences were down , but i think it should be under control

got me fucked what the hell they are thinking with those 1000 word mish mash of crap , do they really think people are going to click the links , if they are going to spam their crap atleast make the shit more human like

I'm pretty sure these reports of recaptcha being cracked happen far less frequently than the captcha you're using now actually being cracked. It also has different settings you can choose with varying levels of difficulty, you can refresh the image etc

Lots of places have recaptcha on registration now so I don't think it's something someone would see and go "fuck that im not registering here"

i do ,i say fuck that i aint registering here , recaptcha annoys the hell out of me , if i want into the place desperate enough i will hit up bugmenot

Bump.
You may have noticed an increase in spam later.
Until it gets sorted (soon) please just report the spammer, do not quote spam posts because the spam cleaner will not pick it up and then your post has to be manually deleted or edited.

Thank You.