• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Candyflip's DEXA scan Sept 2011

If so, in 7 months I gained 2kg of fat on my brain? Think harder guys.

No we are saying the reason for the higher BF in the head compared to elsewhere is the brain. You just added another couple kgs of fat to the head neck area.

How fat is your head sticky?

Based on what I've learned in this thread I estimate my head BF to be 90-95%.

310703_10150292399843015_598823014_8101833_1491190825_n.jpg

She said you don't pay too much attention to those numbers.
It varies on how they split you up on the diagram.
It's not 100% accurate.

Got mine done today. 174cm, 77.3kg, 7.1% BF. Interesting as I had assumed I was about 12%. And I still can't see lower abs! gosh...

Got mine done today. 174cm, 77.3kg, 7.1% BF. Interesting as I had assumed I was about 12%. And I still can't see lower abs! gosh...

7.1% !!!
Are you sure?
That's super low.

When I spoke to Jarred who does DEXA scans in Sydney, he told me the absolute lowest ever recording he had was 6 something %, can't remember the exact figure.
That's for an absolutely shredded guy ready for a comp.

Got a pic?

11%2B-%2B1

I thought I was higher than that personally. Pics of me from last week are in my training log. (at 79kg and 13mm on the abs caliper but pretty close to now)

Something's wrong here - do the math.

I get a total of those measurements at 59.3 (give or take), divided by 7 mesurements (must included head of course) = at least 8.47% (not bad, but it's different to the print-out?!?)

I hear the operators DO get these wrong quite often... might be worth checking with them and pointing out the addition problem?

Actually, it does look right.
You can't just add up the 7 figures and divide by 7 because the volumes of each bodypart are different.
The head puts everything out if you do it this way, and the head is only small volume.

Something's wrong here - do the math.

I get a total of those measurements at 59.3 (give or take), divided by 7 measurements (must included head of course) = at least 8.47% (not bad, but it's different to the print-out?!?)

I hear the operators DO get these wrong quite often... might be worth checking with them and pointing out the addition problem?

You can't just add up the measurements and average it out. The different parts of the body weigh different amounts. You would have to add up the products of the BF percentage and the weight of each part of the body, then divide it by the total weight.

For example, if there was just head and body, and head was 20%, and body was 10%, using your method you would get 15% BF.

Edit: Beaten.