• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

calorie intake

Fitness pal lacks when you use other people food entrys, Most will jsut count cals and thats it, I will be adding all my own food from now on, First bit will take a little extra time but if you eat the same things regualry then you just add them from your pesonal food diary.

MFP works fine for tracking macros for me. There must be something up with the accuracy of your logging before as there is no way you could put on 3kg from 84-87 eating 1400/day. I'm 77kg and cut weight averaging 2400ish/day using Max Brenner's above guidelines for macros. Those new macros look like a much better start.

thats what i would of thought, weight dident budge first 2 weeks, then 3rd i lost the 3 kgs now im back to were i started,

Tho i know a few silly meals hurt a little but gee, even so at that type of deficit i expected much better losses,

So 2200 a day now it is.

I don't comprehend. You were at 84 for two weeks, then you lost some weight and then you gained at least 3kg in a week. If you were logging everything including these "cheat meals" you might have more of an idea of what is actually going on.

And that is incorrect re the macros of foods. Some people are lazy and don't input the macros so in that case you don't use those ones. And yeah, add your own food if you want but you can just edit the other person's entry to include the correct macros.

i started at 87, then weighed in at 84 about 2 1/2 weeks later, now i check in today about 4 1/2 and im back to 87, Ive logged everything bar the couple cheat meals for the last month and a bit, always at 1400 or under, bar 1 day a week ill have around 1800

What were those cheat meals like. Since I have started recording everything i eat i have realised how many calories my cheat meals actually were. 6000 calories + was the standard, which isn't that hard with some nice fatty food.

yep, must be some serious "cheat meals." Weigh ins consistent time and taken piss/shit whatever? Can't see any other way besides some serious water retention that you could put on 3kg on 1400day for 5 or 6 days and 1800 for one day.

I've eaten more than that in one meal and maintained weight at 78-79kg.

What were those cheat meals like. Since I have started recording everything i eat i have realised how many calories my cheat meals actually were. 6000 calories + was the standard, which isn't that hard with some nice fatty food.

Cheat meal would be A home BBQ t bone steak and some sweet potato fries on a friday night or a Bacon and eggs from cafe on a saturady morn.

beers about once every 3 months.

Its all clean apart from that, Dont even drink coffee, green tea only and drink water, sometimes diet cordial.

No real serious cheat meal, like i could put away 5000 cal + a day easy, and i probly did that most days for years.For me there is nothing better then food, Comming from an italian background does help i spose, iv been cooking since i was 10. Just getting these kilos to budge.

january i was 74kg but still carried chub, never did weights just muay thai 5 days a week, and shit loads of joggin, No diet just ate decent when i could.

Really want to get to 70kg so i can get a few fights for muay thai.

i do hold alot of water i think, How can i flush this out, Water intake has droped heaps since summer and working a trade, Winter and office job its pretty minimal.