• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A sister's top tips for weight management

Plenty of BS in there for sure. The majority of people would take it as gospel from an "expert" too.

id like give her my tip on top ten times

generalised advice coming from an editorial based website. probably written by her in article form and then copy edited and shrunk by some junior anorexic junior editor, approved by some fat marketing manager and then set live.

1. nothing wrong with the tips there..but like so much other stuff its not explained...might as well say 'go eat a mushroom'
2. fills the (common heuristic dribble) brain with positive reinforcement
3. that bitch on the cover is crazy hot

This stuff isnt as bad as those abductor machines on tv...that stuff makes me sick...then eat my puke...then puke again

1. nothing wrong with the tips there..but like so much other stuff its not explained...might as well say 'go eat a mushroom'

Some of them were:

"
All of my morbidly obese clients have one thing in common — skipping meals. The moment you allow your blood sugar to drop (when you feel hunger pangs) you become a fat-storing machine. You must eat small meals or snacks every few hours.
"

"Fat-free products are loaded with sugar. Fat does not make you fat — SUGAR DOES!"

Those were probably the worst offenders.

The biggest load of shit I've seen. All the 'tips' where terrible and fits the typical uneducated information that these sorts of 'trainers' and media outlets promote.

Some of them were:

"Fat-free products are loaded with sugar. Fat does not make you fat — SUGAR DOES!"

After sitting down with workmates just then while they were chatting about the 99% fat free cheesecake they were eating, statistics show that 100% of people believe this to be the case :p

9 people there. 4 use Myfitnesspal and one is on Lite N Easy so lots of diet talk around my work at the moment.

After sitting down with workmates just then while they were chatting about the 99% fat free cheesecake they were eating, statistics show that 100% of people believe this to be the case :p

9 people there. 4 use Myfitnesspal and one is on Lite N Easy so lots of diet talk around my work at the moment.
All that 'diet' talk must kill ya!

All that 'diet' talk must kill ya!

Diet talk with most people is a nightmare.

Fats are bad
Carbs are bad
Fruit makes you fat
HFCS is making everyone fat
Diet drinks trick your body into putting on weight.
A calorie is not a calorie
Don't eat fats and carbs together
You need to eat lots of small meals
Skipping meals makes you fat
Processed food makes you fat
You need to eat organic to lose weight.
Protein will explode your kidneys.

You can just go on and on with the crap you hear from people.

Diet talk with most people is a nightmare.

Fats are bad
Carbs are bad
Fruit makes you fat
HFCS is making everyone fat
Diet drinks trick your body into putting on weight.
A calorie is not a calorie
Don't eat fats and carbs together
You need to eat lots of small meals
Skipping meals makes you fat
Processed food makes you fat
You need to eat organic to lose weight.
Protein will explode your kidneys.

You can just go on and on with the crap you hear from people.
Thanks for that Bazza I'm having flashbacks....

My thoughts of eating late consist of a nice chocolate brownie and ice-cream!

If this is mean to be serious, when you eat your calories makes no difference to body composition just like it does not matter how many meals you have per day. Body composition is determined by your macronutrient intake and calorie intake. When and how you eat them makes no difference. Just search my many posts on the subjects. Or simply check out -

http://www.leangains.com/2011/06/is-late-night-eating-better-for-fat.html

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

Last edited:
I also dislike talking about diet/training to the general population, it always ends with a raised blood pressure! People say they seen it on biggest looser so it has to be correct because it was on tv and whatever I believe in is rubbish etc

I dont know how you do it every day Max, I would have lost it by now!!