• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A sister's top tips for weight management

thats only because i havnt finished my exercise science degree yet :)

as for the bent rows v's lat pull down i have seen a bunch of studies on muscle recruitment for a number of different exercises. but yes i get your point.

and your right nutrition is the biggest joke...thats the only reason i went exercise science with some nutrition instead of nutrition with some exercise. by the end of it all i would know is bs. We were constructing diets for people using the "healthy eating pyramid." first you calculate carb needs which is like 70% then protein needs which apparently is 0.8g/kg for everyone (any more than this apparently will only be stored as fat or coverted to glucose) and the rest was fat. anyways...

Yes, all people be it 50kg - 150kg powerlifters need x amount of this vitamin that mineral and the other..

rriiiggghhhttt...

I like when you ask for evidence of something, then prove it wrong with valid studies, but your still wrong.

Apparently anymore then 2,000iu d3 a day and we all die...

Anecdotal evidence is cause for most scientific studies to be done If the organisation doing it then somehow can make money out of the situation via a pharmaceutical

Without it most subjects would never be looked at.

It can not completely discounted, but it should not be the be all and end all in any debates or subjects. :)

fixed :p

On another note lets start a topic about homeopathy..

My sister was sick last night, step dadded picked up some lozenge from the pharmacy.

I go to have a look at it small print, ( this is a homeopathic preperation) facepalm... I dont know how a chemist can sell magic water.

Pharmacists are pretty good at selling shit that does not work.

I've seen ear candles at pharmacies.

Pharmacists selling homeopathy is a complete joke.

Yes, all people be it 50kg - 150kg powerlifters need x amount of this vitamin that mineral and the other..

rriiiggghhhttt...

I like when you ask for evidence of something, then prove it wrong with valid studies, but your still wrong.

Apparently anymore then 2,000iu d3 a day and we all die...

lmao so true

On another note lets start a topic about homeopathy..

My sister was sick last night, step dadded picked up some lozenge from the pharmacy.

I go to have a look at it small print, ( this is a homeopathic preperation) facepalm... I dont know how a chemist can sell magic water.

you dont believe in any homeopathics?

Pharmacists are pretty good at selling shit that does not work.

they and doctors work together well to give you a drug which forces you to take another drug due to side effects which makes you take another drug...etc so you end up with 6 prescriptions

Last edited:

I tried, i looked into it, i had people around me studying it..

Basically i dont trust humans, they deceive for their own benefit...

I still cant believe you can get vet- fee help for a bachelor of health science (homeopathy)

So if you have the a genetic condition that causes such and such symptom giving you a small, well not even existant quantity now because water has "memory"... Then your immune system will "envoke" a response to fix what is causing that problem that will then in turn correct the existing issue...

Well that sounds great. But if i said i was going to whisper to the air a secret password that i would then blow into your face and you would breath it in the air would then transfer to your body at the alveoli it would then find the troll like virus in your body that is causing problems and whisper the password for him that initiates his retreat.

That all sounds wonderful but is a load of shit... Now with nutrition i can see not yet proven things having rational. Take 100g of asorbic acid it is bound to have a physiological effect. Take expensive water (that you have to tap on something to initiate the energy) i see no point...

they and doctors work together well to give you a drug which forces you to take another drug due to side effects which makes you take another drug...etc so you end up with 6 prescriptions

There is no debate over homeopathics. It does not work. There is no reason for it to work. The research shows it does not work. That's about all there is too it.

As for the conspiricory theories about doctors working with pharmacists to sell more drugs. Lol. ok.

I tried, i looked into it, i had people around me studying it..

Basically i dont trust humans, they deceive for their own benefit...

I still cant believe you can get vet- fee help for a bachelor of health science (homeopathy)

So if you have the a genetic condition that causes such and such symptom giving you a small, well not even existant quantity now because water has "memory"... Then your immune system will "envoke" a response to fix what is causing that problem that will then in turn correct the existing issue...

Well that sounds great. But if i said i was going to whisper to the air a secret password that i would then blow into your face and you would breath it in the air would then transfer to your body at the alveoli it would then find the troll like virus in your body that is causing problems and whisper the password for him that initiates his retreat.

That all sounds wonderful but is a load of shit... Now with nutrition i can see not yet proven things having rational. Take 100g of asorbic acid it is bound to have a physiological effect. Take expensive water (that you have to tap on something to initiate the energy) i see no point...

I see your point. sigh everything is really messed up in this world..

according to my mothers oncologist her cancer will not be helped by exercise and diet- only drugs, chemo and radiation. when she first got cancer her GP said no its not cancer its in your brain so i will give you some anti depressants

then she sees "natural health" people and gets told about 7 people who are trying to kill off 2 billion people in the world by giving them cancer

she actually has done well living with it for 9 years but spends about 50k a year on it.

its all bs but for someone like that you dont have much choice but to trust people.

all comes down the the almighty freeking dollar eh :s

As for the conspiricory theories about doctors working with pharmacists to sell more drugs. Lol. ok.

ok ok i exaggerated a bit :p:p ..just did a unit in pharmacy though and am baffled by the amount of drugs people take for almost no reason

I see your point. sigh everything is really messed up in this world..

according to my mothers oncologist her cancer will not be helped by exercise and diet- only drugs, chemo and radiation. when she first got cancer her GP said no its not cancer its in your brain so i will give you some anti depressants

then she sees "natural health" people and gets told about 7 people who are trying to kill off 2 billion people in the world by giving them cancer

she actually has done well living with it for 9 years but spends about 50k a year on it.

its all bs but for someone like that you dont have much choice but to trust people.

all comes down the the almighty freeking dollar eh :s

Sorry to hear about your mum. But don't listen to natural health people about the conspiracies and killing of 2 billion people. They are fucking wack jobs.

Find a good actual doctor and listen to them and not the loony fringe.

Sorry to hear about your mum. But don't listen to natural health people about the conspiracies and killing of 2 billion people. They are fucking wack jobs.

Find a good actual doctor and listen to them and not the loony fringe.

ye all good i wasnt sayin it for sympathy but thanks neways..obviously she never saw that guy again haha..and ye she has a few good doctors...all i really meant to say is that you cant really just rely on anyone in particular. there are some good and bad things in everything so you have to pick and chose the good stuff amongst it all...quite hard especially because most people are driven by money