• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gas and bloating, quite uncomfortable

sssboi

I'm lactose intolerant and atm I'm using bulk nutrients WPI chocolate but I'm experiencing pretty bad bloating and gas, making me very uncomfortable. What options do I have? digestive enzymes? different protein?

Would like to still have a chocolate flavoured protein and bulknutrients rice protein isn't flavoured.

Any help on the issue guys?

I'm lactose intolerant and atm I'm using bulk nutrients WPI chocolate but I'm experiencing pretty bad bloating and gas, making me very uncomfortable. What options do I have? digestive enzymes? different protein?

Would like to still have a chocolate flavoured protein and bulknutrients rice protein isn't flavoured.

WPI is 99%+ lactose free, and generally isn't a problem for lactose intolerant consumers. Soy protein is 100% lactose free though I wouldn't call it the best tasting protein around, esp. if you're after the chocolate taste.

Give it a go and see whether it was in fact the WPI causing bloating. There are other factors that cause bloating such as inadequate fibre within your diet, reflux, certain fruits and veggies such as broccoli, foods with fructose and so on. If it is persistent, see a Dr.

There's fuck all lactose in WPI, I doubt it's the protein. I'm lactose intolerant and have no problems with WPI irrespective of the brand.

if its reflux digestive enzymes could make it worse, i still have half a bottle of digest-zymes on my shelf as it didnt have the desired effect rather it irratated my stomach.

it might also pay to check if anything else in your diet changed since starting the protein powder, if you started drinking orange juice(acid), green tea(caffiene),taking pills,fish oil etc as some just enhance the sensitivity to whey by irratating the stomach beforehand..

wpi irratated my stomach so after weeks of tolerating it ive gone back to eggs fish etc for my protein and i'm less bloated.

It might be their actual protein, I know a lot of guys dont have issues with it, a lot of guys dont have issues with the powernutrients protein either, but I did. I had major issues with their protein, Id take it Id get massive cramps and be heading for the toilet with in 3 hrs. I went off protein for a while, then tried Aussie bodies and Im fine with their protein, Im also okay with designer physique but have issues with a few others. I would give it a rest for a week or two and then try designer physique wpi.

If you end up trying to use lactase, use the drops not the tablets, the drops convert lactose before you drink it, where as lactase tablets convert it in you, there is a chance that taking the tablets will down regulate your bodies own production of lactase (however small it is) and possibly make it worse.

Dont try rice protein, I tried that and I threw it out, it tastes like what I imagine shit covered in dirt would taste like. It would just be a waste of your money, at least thats what I think.

I'm lactose intolerant and can't handle any dairy based supplements. It's not just the lactose you can't process if you can't handle dairy.

Do you also consume any Wheat/Gluten regularly in your diet?

Here’s a natural remedy for gas/bloating for you that has been working since the day I was born (and probably a 1000 years before that).

1. Orange blossom water (take about 30 ml). Buy from any Lebanese shop

2. 1 teaspoon of cumin powder in your mouth followed by some water to help you swallow it.

The first remedy is 100% Lebanese based, whilst the second is 100% Egyptian based. Both do work.

Now as far as your WPI, I would insure that it’s sourced either from Down Under or from our Kiwi neighbours. I once had a major problem (just like you) when ingesting WPI sourced from the US.

Fadi.