• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"diet" help.

Light Weight

I've put together a pretty simple "diet" for myself to try to stick to as I've never really followed a structured diet before as I like junk food too much but now that my lifting is getting more serious I think it's time that I watch what I eat, without going too overboard.
I'm not after a 6 pack but a flatter stomach would be nice and my main focus is lifting big numbers but, any help is greatly appreciated.

Meal 1: 6 Weetbix w/ milk and a protein shake (wpi/ milk).

Meal 2: 4 Kangaroo sausages, 2 cups brown rice and 600ml water.

Meal 3: Subway footlong sub (wheat bread, chicken fillet, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and carrot, no dressing) and 600ml water.

Meal 4: Heinz big n chunky can of beef stockpot and 2 glasses of V8 juice.

Meal 5: 500g chicken thighs (free range), 2 cups broccoli and a glass of V8 juice.

Meal 6: Protein shake (wpi/ milk).

That's my general diet. Sometimes I'll change the chicken for some fish.
On workout days I'll have another shake post workout with wpi, water and dextrose.

How does that sound? I know it's not the greatest looking diet but it's alot better than what I'm currently doing.

Trying to loose my little gut and continue to grow... I weigh between 81-83kg and I wish to compete at 80kg so I don't wish to get too much bigger as it'll make it harder to cut... I'm hopeless when it comes to food :/

Also, I should add that I do snack on almonds and fruit through out the day and there's usually another protein shake in there somewhere...

almonds are high in calories so don't have too much if dieting. Pretty solid diet, maybe too much food if not losing weight, if not losing weight just drop a meal or portion sizes and see if losing weight still.

Pretty solid though, subway isn't great but better than kfc.

Cheers, I'll give it a crack and see where I end up I guess.
If it wasn't Subway then it would be Maccas (my kryptonite) ... :p

Trying to loose my little gut and continue to grow... I weigh between 81-83kg and I wish to compete at 80kg so I don't wish to get too much bigger as it'll make it harder to cut... I'm hopeless when it comes to food :/
How long have you been training for? Have you competed before? What is your current body fat %? Why are you eating 6 meals per day? What is your training schedule? Have you calculated your estimated BMR? What are your CURRENT total calories and Macronutreint intake?

You should stop focusing on 'weight' and go on your LBM. Go and get a DEXA scan and then you get get an accurate reading on your current body composition. That way you get a better understand on where you are at and what work is in front of you to get to your goals.

That 'diet' has a lot of 'holes' and certainly could/needs to be improved on as I'd suspect your are possibly deficient in micronutrients and fats to say the least :)