• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

critique My diet plan

Sydking

First up some details From my dexa scan

Total percent body fat: 18.9 %

Resting Metabolic Rate: 1875 kcal/day

Suggested calorie intake based on RMR
Protein (g) Carbohydrate (g) Fat (g)
190 143 63

1900 Cal per day

Was 77KG For this scan, Now 86.

I have not been following those macros hence the weight gain and lack of cardio lately.

Tho Last two weeks i have been on a 1400 cal per day Diet, Good clean whole foods.

Main exersise is Cardio Mininum 4 times a week from 30min to my 5k days and some HIIT hills a couple times a week.

Only weights are body weights and weighted squats. For now.

Ive done alot or reading and Mabey think 1400cal is to low. Should i stick to the Dexa Scan results?

My goal is 70KG, was down to 73kg mid last year with muay thai 5 days a week but my diet was not really in check.

Just looking for some Experianced Advice. Cheers

Dexa scan is the BEST for tracking accurate results etc.

With that said, your macros & overall calorie intake need to be calculate to support YOUR goals and activity levels/type etc.

Re-calculate your required macro intake and what your overall BMR is and then start off in a 10-15% calorie DEFICIT for weight loss or 10-15% SURPLUS for weight gain. Simply readjust it depending on your progress. FYI, minimum macro intake is 2.2grms protein per kg of bodyweight and 0.7grms of fat per kg of bodyweight. Rest of the calories can be made up with what you like ;)

Mate that doesn't sound like many calories, the one thing I suggest you do is start lifting more than body weight. Other than that, what Max said ^^^^^^^.

Dexa scan is the BEST for tracking accurate results etc.

With that said, your macros & overall calorie intake need to be calculate to support YOUR goals and activity levels/type etc.

Re-calculate your required macro intake and what your overall BMR is and then start off in a 10-15% calorie DEFICIT for weight loss or 10-15% SURPLUS for weight gain. Simply readjust it depending on your progress. FYI, minimum macro intake is 2.2grms protein per kg of bodyweight and 0.7grms of fat per kg of bodyweight. Rest of the calories can be made up with what you like ;)

2.2 Grams per body weight, is that total or Lean mass?

Ive tried to re calc my macros a couple times but never been to acurate with it.

ive done a few of the diffrent methods and theorys but to no avail, Is there A real straight forward one that is common among you boys?

Mate that doesn't sound like many calories, the one thing I suggest you do is start lifting more than body weight. Other than that, what Max said ^^^^^^^.

I know is dosent sound like much and really wont be close enough to gain and lean mass on tho ive got a big broad build to begin with.

Im actually satisfied with 1400 per day but i dont want my body to get used to tha ammount of energy and have to drop it lower hence stuffing up my metablolism when i get back to around 2500/3000 a day if i want to lift heavy.

2.2 Grams per body weight, is that total or Lean mass?

Ive tried to re calc my macros a couple times but never been to acurate with it.

ive done a few of the diffrent methods and theorys but to no avail, Is there A real straight forward one that is common among you boys?

Go on total bodyweight ;) Protein is require for so much more than lean body mass. So doing it on lean body mass, you will most likely be short changing yourself for performance and hormonal production etc ESPECIALLY when dieting.

No calculation will be 100% accurate. It is an estimate, so it gives you a ball park figure to work with. That is why I said calculate it and only use a 'small' deficit or surplus to start off with so then YOU can make the necessary adjustments as time goes on. Much easier make it a smaller ball park by calculating the calories with small deficits or surplus'.

Last edited:
Hi there, my daily food plan is as follows:
homemade smoothies made with milk, soy milk or yogurt and fruit or fruit juice
low fat cheese and crackers
carbohydrate based energy bars and granola bars
yogurt and fruit
½ whole grain bagel or bread with nut butter
Chicken breast,fish,mince(Lamb)
Green tea

Any comments will be appreciated.

Hi there, my daily food plan is as follows:
homemade smoothies made with milk, soy milk or yogurt and fruit or fruit juice
low fat cheese and crackers
carbohydrate based energy bars and granola bars
yogurt and fruit
½ whole grain bagel or bread with nut butter
Chicken breast,fish,mince(Lamb)
Green tea

Any comments will be appreciated.

A few questions that need to be answered before anyone can make comment on that 'daily food plan' :)

What are your goals? What is your current bodyweight and bodyfat %? Have you calculated your calorie and macronutreint requirements? What is your current intake (calorie & macronutrient)? How much and what type of training do you do? Where are the veggies? etc etc etc LOL

ok so im starting a weights program and im going to start with what ive read in the stick the beginers program.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Ive picked up a cheap incline bench for now, only rated for 100kg but it'll do untill i get a bit more serious, and got a jaggered barbell aswell and already own dumbells, also have a pull up bar that will do for now aswell.

Anything you pros would like to add to a beginers regime??

Just weighed in, 84kg, 2 weeks in, TBH when im trying to loose i never use the scales always the mirror, looking trimmer in the mirror so 3kg lost on scales is good,

Set up the dodgy bench press last night and hitting that tonight,

These clip together bars are an accident waitng to happen, might use my solid zig zag one instead.

Should i be recaculating my BRM or just keep lowering my cals? im going to up the cardio to about 5k 3 or 4 times a week + i do other light interval jogging 3 times per week, more of a leg strech then anything.

ive also read about bodies getting used to usign the cals its taking in, there for i will need to go quite low to loose any more weight, im only eaating 1400 per day atm and i really dont want ot go any lower.

How you guys cut at 2500 or 3000 cals, more mucle mass = higher BMR?

Cheers all