• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni

Registered Rustler
That feel when you're doing charity work and you feel a small tear inside your shoulder pushing something from overhead

Shit sucks, hopefully it will be better by Monday, if not I'll ask one of the doctors at work to give me a cortisone shot and train anyway, ho ho ho

Moral of the story: Don't do charity work, it kills your gains

32 hour update:

Feeling a bit better now. Got some topical cream called "heat" that I've been applying throughout the day, seems to be working. Loosened it all up earlier in the day, there was a few cracks and clicks but it did the trick. Will be able to bench tomorrow no problem as the pain has almost gone now

Decided that I'm going to OHP today instead of bench. I'm repping out the last set of presses fairly easy but bench press feels heavier. The range of motion for pressing also isn't giving me pain but off the chest in bench hurts a little. I'll be benching on Thursday instead. Squats are on Friday so I should be fine gripping the bar by then also. Not going to do dips for a few months because that would be fucking stupid, so I'll be doing more tricep work as opposed to shoulder work that I normally do. Will probably opt for decline db presses as assistance today

No dips for now is a good idea you should be able to bring them back sooner though. Make.sure you aren't going past 90 degrees as that is when the injuries happen.

I don't see the point in doing dips unless it's with a full ROM tbh. Strength work in OHP went well today. I'm confident that I will have a fast recovery. Thanks for your consistent help Dave - here is a picture of my cat, also called Dave:

ttXS1.jpg

Nice nasty looking eyes. The same look I would give you if you took a photo of me without asking and then plastered it on a public forum.

I heard heat works well. Is it "deep heat"? I used that on my inner thigh once and it worked wonders.

something like that yeah. Main ingredient is methyl salicylate. I like topical creams, we use them a lot in cycling... works just as good as IV imo

Didn't really know where else to put this but maybe it's worth doing this for mobility work/injury prevention.

[YOUTUBE]JtTB73h-K1A?[/YOUTUBE]

except Javorek (the coach) suggests 3sets of it, 3 times a week. Is that going overboard?

Last edited:
Hopefully nothing serious, but always take the shoulders seriously. We go way back me and my shoulders. I've done sublaxations, tendinitus, bursitis cuff stress you name it. I always warm up with rot cuff exerises, and am cautious about full ROM on heavy dips. Can really put some stress on the anterior part of your shoulder.