• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No Bull Supplements - Choc Honeycomb

machine75

I recently placed my first order with No Bull Supplements and one of the flavors I ordered was the new Choc-Honeycomb one. Incidentally, the service at NBS is great - got my order within 2 days of ordering! Here's what I thought of the new flavor:

Smell - In all honesty, I don't know what a honeycomb smells like! But, the smell I can associate it with are the honeycomb milk drinks from the supermarket. As soon as I opened the bag, that's exactly the smell I got.

Mixability - Since I had a kilo of the stuff, I've tried it both water and skim milk. Mixability has no issues - no floating bits or clumping in both water and milk.

Consistency/texture - With 150mls of water, the shake was thin as you'd expect. With the milk, I've tried it in 200mls and then 150mls. In both cases, the consistency was neither too thick nor too thin. But, looking at the label, NBS don't add anything to thicken the WPI, so I guess the consistency will be the same as whatever you mix it in.

Taste - To me, NBS had set a fairly high bar with their new Mango and Choc-mint flavors and the I wondered if they could deliver with this new flavor. Also, I don't know if the batch I got was blended using whey from their new supplier. So, here goes:

In water...I found the honeycomb flavor didn't come through very much and I did find it a bit too sweet. However, I suppose the sweetness factor could be altered by trying it in more water next time.

In 200mls of skim milk...Much better than water. The honeycomb flavor is defintely enhanced in milk, but I did find that the taste of milk also came through at the same time. The taste of pure milk is not something I fancy. There was a bit of aftertaste but in no way was it nasty.

In 150mls of skim milk...The magic of NBS appears! For me I think I found the right balance cos it tasted so much like the stuff you'd grab from the supermarker refridgerator! And, with less sugar and more protein! Yum! Now, there still the issue of the aftertaste and I think if NBS can fix this, the flavor would completely rock!

Price - It wasn't until I actually purchased from NBS did it really sink in that it was great to be able to pay 'bulk' prices but get different flavors. Obviously the more you buy, the cheaper each kilogram becomes. To be able to get various flavors than say being stuck with 3kg or 5kg of the same flavor is a very novel approach and I applaud NBS for giving the consumer this unique avenue of purchase.

Overall - If you've read my previous reviews, you'd know that I've been a fan of the big branded proteins cos I like the way they taste. Well, what can I say...adios overly priced big brand protein powders and hello NBS! Personally, the Mango flavor is still my favourite, but if anyone has fussy taste buds like me, give NBS a go.

Last edited:
I agree, in water I didnt really like it (compared to the others) and had never thought of this batch possibly being the new supplier of protein? If it is, I hope the others dont go down the same path.

Have you ever had violet crumble chocolate bar? The smell reminded me of them straight away

Mixed in low fat milk its off the scale though, so tasty and like you said, its hard to believe its not full of sugar, fat etc like what you find in supermarkets.

Still very happy with choc honeycomb from NBS

I would be keeping all of your secrets to yourself :)

We've kept the flavouring to ourselves, don't you worry. Plenty of supplement companies have come knocking on our doors, and we've even had reps from mainstream companies (yep that's right!) purchasing 1kg orders from us to try and spot out the flavouring we use.