• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Football (soccer) thread

tat maytals

Who does everyone go for?

Any discussions/news can be added in here.

I'm a QPR fan, so this season is exciting, but so far a touching punishing for me.

A couple of good transfers and buys since Tony came into the picture.

As for the a-league, i'm a sydney fc fan. Just ordered the new kit today. It looks fucking awesome, all of Syd FCs kits have been terrible until this new one. Adds to my love of adidas.

Not long now until the first round!

SFC for me.

What do you think of the Brett Emerton signing and Kewel signing for Victory.

I think it's great to see some of the bigger name players playing in the A-League.

Liverpool in the EPL.

Shrek I think we got the better deal with emerton. The bloke is more useful, crucial and consistent. Harry as we all know is injury prone and his form can fluctuate.

I think both signing in the A-league is great for the a-league, but I think it is bad for them and the australian squad.

The competitions in Europe are the highest quality in the world. If you want to be the best, you have to play against the best.

On the other side of the coin, they may have been told they wont be playing the next world cup already, so they have taken a last-option pay-day where they can be the big fish in a small pond. If this is the case, then that is fantastic! They aren't so past it yet that they wont be worth watching live and they will pull in heaps of numbers to the games.

This will make it more appealing to other internationals to play here which will boost the quality of our comp and local players.

Chelsea here - though I'm not confident about this season. The squad are too injury hit already (Essien is a huge loss), Drogba is getting on a bit and doesn't look particularly comfortable alongside Torres (our worst buy), we've bought well for the future in the young boys, but we'll struggle again this year against Manchester United and of course, the new Man City who really look the goods. I like the new Liverpool too - some hope there for them.

We got Meireles, who I'm confident will be a great player for us, but I can't see him overcoming the other shortfalls.

Kewell and Emerton? Great signings for a struggling League. But in 20 weeks time, will they still hold the crowds up? I hope so - our local game is so important as a feeder for the Aussie national team.

Kewell v Emerton is an interesting one.

Never been an Emerton fan, nor a Syd FC fan (waiting for the Sydney expansion club to launch!), but this signing is clearly the safer one.

With Kewell, his technical ability and general class is levels above Emerton and the risk is purely physical. I think there is a big chance he'll cope much better with the lower demands of A-League football than he did in Europe, and the lower intensity training schedules coupled with the lesser match traffic could well lead to Kewell playing 90%+ of the season.

Kewell is also a match winner, whilst Emerton is a functional player - he'll work his socks off and do a job for you, but won't be scoring/creating a lot of goals unlike Kewell.

Here's hoping my hunch about Kewell holds, because he's the most talented player we've ever produced, whether he's delivered on it or not.