• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

new diet.. thoughts please

brendon

Gonna try this, had a mate help me out writing up. plan is to run this for as long as i can, diet discipline my biggest weakness as none of my friends are even remotely interested in training and weekends are always a fail as somethings always on and meals are often missed.
ive done 3 days so far and its going good. always hungry and not tired, after a few more days ill weigh in and then adjust where needed.

1st thing in the morning – Fat burner and then 20-25 minute quick run on non training days

Meal 1 Breakfast (Straight after cardio) – 30g protein, ½ cup oats, multivitamin, 3x omega 3

Meal 2 Approx 2.5 hours later – 3 kanga bangas with 12g peanuts (about 10 or 12)

Meal 3 Approx 2.5 hours later – 1/2 cup of Brown rice,160g chicken breast or turkey, and any green vegies

Meal 4 Approx 2.5 hours later – either 3 Kanga bangas or 2 kanga bangas and 125g cottage cheese or can of tuna

Meal 5 Approx 2.5 hours later – 3/4 cup of Brown rice,160g chicken breast or turkey, and any green vegies (aim to have this about 1-1.5hr before you goto the gym)

Gym

Post WOStraight after 30g protein with 20g Dextrose or waxy maize

Meal 6 1 hr later – 125g cottage cheese, 3 kanga bangas, and any green vegies

total calories approx 2400

non training days i dont have the post WO shake.
for sanity sake 1-2 cheat meals a week after a good weights session.

330 P / 136 C / 45 F i can break each meal down more if need be.

Hi Brendon,
in part this is OK but the diet is not sufficiently varied to deliver a range of nutrients PLUS it relies way too heavily on bananas. Bananas are great but you'd be eating too many during the course of a day and over a period of time.
Aside from the nutritional balance, you'd quickly get sick to death of the bananas!!! (and I love the nana)

just a thought?

Mate, you fats are far too low!

I'm not surprised you are always hungry, eating every 2.5 hours is unnecessary and will only cause you to have an 'increased' hunger/appetite that will make 'dieting' a nightmare.

IMO it lacks variation for food choices and will become very boring an mundane real fast. So if 'weakness' is an issue for you, I don't see this being very beneficial at all.

Any why waste 30 grams of carbs on dextrose/waxy maize when you could eat that from whole foods and give yourself another food type option?

Hi Brendon,
in part this is OK but the diet is not sufficiently varied to deliver a range of nutrients PLUS it relies way too heavily on bananas. Bananas are great but you'd be eating too many during the course of a day and over a period of time.
Aside from the nutritional balance, you'd quickly get sick to death of the bananas!!! (and I love the nana)

just a thought?
You need your eyes checked.
Kanga bangas, not bananas.

LMAO.

Mate, you fats are far too low!

I'm not surprised you are always hungry, eating every 2.5 hours is unnecessary and will only cause you to have an 'increased' hunger/appetite that will make 'dieting' a nightmare.

IMO it lacks variation for food choices and will become very boring an mundane real fast. So if 'weakness' is an issue for you, I don't see this being very beneficial at all.

Any why waste 30 grams of carbs on dextrose/waxy maize when you could eat that from whole foods and give yourself another food type option?

What would you suggest then? i am taking abotu 7 fish oil tabs through out the day also.

and yes i just ate and am already hungry again.

wow....... bananas???? what the hell... where did that come from :eek::D

Combine some of the meals together. Larger yet more less frequent meals control hunger much better and are generally just more 'satisfying'. Eating more regularly offers NO METABOLIC BENEFITS or body composition results. Macronutrient intake determines body composition etc.

Fats should be MINIMUM 0.75-0.8 grams per kg of body weight per day.

Fish oil is good, but try some avocado, walnuts, almonds, olive oil etc. (Not all at once, but they're great for variation throughout the week).

Just be mindful when you eat things like nuts. Try not to have a whole bag infront of the TV cause more often than not half will go missing. They're fantastic for you, but half a bag is a smack load of calories if you're trying to lean out.

Combine some of the meals together. Larger yet more less frequent meals control hunger much better and are generally just more 'satisfying'. Eating more regularly offers NO METABOLIC BENEFITS or body composition results. Macronutrient intake determines body composition etc.

Fats should be MINIMUM 0.75-0.8 grams per kg of body weight per day.

Give this a try, it works. I have cut my meals down and am no where near as hungry anymore. 1800 calories for dinner tonight.

Hi , I do like the post about the daily nutrition, It definitely add some information in my mind, Good discussion and guideline and thanks for sharing.

more fat as suggested and bigger less frequent meals = less hunger. im cutting on around 2300 cals and i do it in 2-3 meals