• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

options for getting home weight set up

Fedor

Hi there i am looking to get a home set up either a full or a half rack with attachments i have the following in mind:

Cheap BOLT POWER RACK HOME GYM W/ BONUS 120KG FREE WEIGHTS | 4Life Brands - Compare Prices & Save shopping in Australia
and Weider Pro 355 Gym Set - BENCH PRESS - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
and MULTI STATION HOME GYM fitness exercise weight bench | eBay

There is someone selling the first one used but in good condition with 80 kgs cast iron weight (in 10kg plates) and a 180cm barbell for $250 and $300 for the weider 355 pro with 104kg of weight and the 3rd link seems to be a great deal (tho i already have bars/weights at home) i just want to know if these sort of set ups are worth while because they seem fairly cheap or if i should go for a different sort of set up and you're opinons are appreciated, im looking primarily to do squats and bench press and possibly use lat pull down or pec deck.

Last edited:
Personally none of the above, they all look like cheap bolt together toys (not build for serious training) with dodgy attachments. I would never consider any of those.

If I was starting over I would get a good power rack, Olympic bar and plates and a good bench.

All you need to work your body to the max.

I would not go past one of these love them and have considered selling my power rack for one of these:

http://www.gymdirect.com.au/item/MMPR-Power-Rack/498.htm

Weights:
140KG Olympic Barbell set (Rubber)

Bench:
Adjustable Flat Incline Bench (FIBEV)

I would not go past the above, it would be my ultimate number one home gym set up, you could shop around on ebay or the like for better deals.

They also do package deals:)

They look cheap and have many useless addons. Listen to Mick. Or go to Ironedge.com.au and grab a power station which is a very awesome half rack but costs $2000.

thanks for the replies that about sums it up for the cheap half rack home gyms, however i am thinking of getting a full power rack with multiple attachments i am wondering if these are any good? i have heard from many people that mutli station set ups are ussually no good.

8 Package Deal_ Commercial Power Rack + Bench + Heavy Duty Olympic Bar + 150kg Bumper Plates

+a incline/decline bench if you want one.
ADD chinups powerbands if you can't do chinups

There is like no limit to what you can do with that imo, and you have bumper plates so you can look awesome doing barbell curls with the big 5kg discs LOL

I actually bought that exact setup start of this year and I can't even explain how fantastic it is. When I went back to my old gym with a mate and compared it to my setup I couldn't even believe how much better my PR was. Only other thing I really enjoy is kettlebells and chain/rope work.

Last edited:
Personally none of the above, they all look like cheap bolt together toys (not build for serious training) with dodgy attachments. I would never consider any of those.

If I was starting over I would get a good power rack, Olympic bar and plates and a good bench.

All you need to work your body to the max.

I would not go past one of these love them and have considered selling my power rack for one of these:

MMPR Power Rack

Weights:
140KG Olympic Barbell set (Rubber)

Bench:
Adjustable Flat Incline Bench (FIBEV)

I would not go past the above, it would be my ultimate number one home gym set up, you could shop around on ebay or the like for better deals.

They also do package deals:)

+1

I have that rack with a dip attachment and that is the only one you should spend your money on (the attachment). I would love the commercial unit but it just wont fit in my spare bedroom.

A power rack, olympic bar, weight plates and a solid bench should be the minimum for anyone wanting to get serious about training at home.

Power racks are often hard to find on the second hand market but there are plenty of benches and you should be able to find some olympic bars and weights so start looking.

Last edited: