• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

No Bull Supplements - Mango WPI

machine75

I was fortunate to score a sample of No Bull Supplements Mango WPI. Here are my thoughts on the sample:

Smell
- There was distinct mango smell, not overpowering but enough to get the smell senses going.

Mixability - While I usually have my protein in water, I mixed this in 250mls of skim milk. It mixed easily in a shaker with no clumping. There was very slight frothing.

Texture/Consistency - The end result was a shake with a "shake-like" texture. By this, I mean that it not too thin nor was it too thick. I personally don't like shakes that come out with a thin, watery texture and the NBS mango seemed to come out just right.

Taste - Taste is a huge consideration for me. I've tried many of the Aussie bulk proteins over the years and have just not found any that have suited my particular palate. As a result, I've stuck to the big branded (American) supplement companies for my protein needs as I've found that their flavors a lot more palatable and enjoyable to consume on a regular basis. So what do I think of the NBS mango product - I was amazed at how good it was! It tasted something like a mango lasi. I wouldn't have minded a stronger flavor, but nevertheless I really did enjoy this, no nasty aftertaste or that milky whey taste.

Price - While I got the sample for free, the NBS WPI is very well priced.

Overall - Looks like I can stop paying an expensive price tag for my protein! I was very pleased with the taste of the mango and the price is great! This is a product that I will be buying once my current stash of protein finishes (and I'm now looking forward to finishing my current tub!!)

Last edited:
I was fortunate to score a sample of No Bull Supplements Mango WPI. Here are my thoughts on the sample:

Smell
- There was distinct mango smell, not overpowering but enough to get the smell senses going.

Mixability - While I usually have my protein in water, I mixed this in 250mls of skim milk. It mixed easily in a shaker with no clumping. There was very slight frothing.

Texture/Consistency - The end result was a shake with a "shake-like" texture. By this, I mean that it not too thin nor was it too thick. I personally don't like shakes that come out with a thin, watery texture and the NBS mango seemed to come out just right.

Taste - Taste is a huge consideration for me. I've tried many of the Aussie bulk proteins over the years and have just not found any that have suited my particular palate. As a result, I've stuck to the big branded (American) supplement companies for my protein needs as I've found that their flavors a lot more palatable and enjoyable to consume on a regular basis. So what do I think of the NBS mango product - I was amazed at how good it was! It tasted something like a mango lasi. I wouldn't have minded a stronger flavor, but nevertheless I really did enjoy this, no nasty aftertaste or that milky whey taste.

Price - While I got the sample for free, the NBS WPI is very well priced.

Overall - Looks like I can stop paying an expensive price tag for my protein! I was very pleased with the taste of the mango and the price is great! This is a product that I will be buying once my current stash of protein finishes (and I'm now looking forward to finishing my current tub!!)

Thank you for the excellent review machine75! I look forward to hearing from you some day soon. We have an exciting new flavour being released as well.

Whatever NBS are doing in the flavour department, its working!!

If you want a stronger flavour just mix it less milk/water or add an extra half a scoop etc

Last edited:
Guys... we have just released Choc-Honeycomb.

I'm starting to hit the gym more often just to give me an excuse to have another shake!

Whatever NBS are doing in the flavour department, its working!!

If you want a stronger flavour just mix it less milk/water or add an extra half a scoop etc

I completely agree, they've certainly got some good chefs! :)

I've got a sample of their choc-mint and am looking forward to trying it tonight. Might mix with a less milk and see how I go.

I completely agree, they've certainly got some good chefs! :)

Might mix with a less milk and see how I go.

The packet instructs to mix with 250ml so I mixed the chocolate in water with 200ml and it was the bomb, thick and creamy!! mmmm

The good thing about doing it this way is if it is too strong, its easy just to add more milk/water to get your desired taste

Wow, a mango flavor, never seen that before, might have to get some if it gets hot in summer and i feel like a fruity flavor.

How many samples did you send out of the mango? Would like to hear forma few others.

Gee, all these fancy flavours. I must give them a go.

E-mail sent for samples..

Mango....LOL

Ordered some different flavours from No Bull and been very happy with the service so far. Ordered on monday, delivered on Wednesday, thats very good from east to west

Smell was awesome, it hit me with dozens of memories, especially of the many mango boost juice shakes I have had in my time.

Im now running out of words to describe how good No Bull's range of WPI taste, Mango is no exception!! I was a little unsure when I first heard of it, but was keen to give it a shot. It mixes great, smells awesome, not too sweet, not too sour, not too strong, no weird aftertaste and it actually tastes like mango!

I mixed 2 scoops in 500ml water, so far all of the flavours have been amazing in Milk an im sure this will be no exception.

Some bloody good chef's you have Van!! In the last 3 weeks, Ive had the 3 best tasting protein flavours ever and finding it difficult to pick a favourite :eek:

Choc honeycomb next :) Cant wait!!

PS
Van, any plans on selling your own shaker bottles? I need a couple more and its just easier to get them when ordering my protein

I like these
911d5-blender_bottle.jpg

Cheers
Gary

Ordered some different flavours from No Bull and been very happy with the service so far. Ordered on monday, delivered on Wednesday, thats very good from east to west

Smell was awesome, it hit me with dozens of memories, especially of the many mango boost juice shakes I have had in my time.

Im now running out of words to describe how good No Bull's range of WPI taste, Mango is no exception!! I was a little unsure when I first heard of it, but was keen to give it a shot. It mixes great, smells awesome, not too sweet, not too sour, not too strong, no weird aftertaste and it actually tastes like mango!

I mixed 2 scoops in 500ml water, so far all of the flavours have been amazing in Milk an im sure this will be no exception.

Some bloody good chef's you have Van!! In the last 3 weeks, Ive had the 3 best tasting protein flavours ever and finding it difficult to pick a favourite :eek:

Choc honeycomb next :) Cant wait!!

PS
Van, any plans on selling your own shaker bottles? I need a couple more and its just easier to get them when ordering my protein

I like these
911d5-blender_bottle.jpg

Cheers
Gary

Cheers for the great feedback mate!!! We've had countless of emails from customers commending us, and I acknowledge each and every person who takes their time out to let us know what they think about our business, and what they recommend.

Shaker bottles are definitely on the agenda. We've just ordered a heap of V-Neck shirts which are available on our site, and I'm looking at having a few thousand shaker bottles in within the next month or two. I'll definitely set one aside for you :)

Received my order today Van, very happy. A question about your couriers though, do they have a responsibility to see if anyone is home when they deliver or do they just drop it off? I've had a large package delivered by e-go in the past and they left it on my doorstep and without knocking/seeing if anyones home. They did this with the protein also. It might just be the local courier driver here? i don't know..

Anyway, i tasted the Choc Honeycomb flavour and it is nearly identical to how i remember the old Max's XTG tasted ~4 years ago. It's delicious! You guys really balanced the flavours right! I can't wait to try it in water and test out the other flavours i bought tomorrow!

Great to see you guys are getting shakers also, i need a new shaker.. my old AST shaker is still going strong after 3 years lol.
The shaker i got from bulk nutrients sometimes leaks, i've noticed there's a rubber underneath the lid which is meant to stop leaks i think? anyway protein gets caught between that and the lid itself and it's impossible to clean it, smells bad over time.. i need to throw it away! Hopefully you guys get the good shakers..

Rambo, mine also get left at the door but my local driver at least knocks, I see him almost daily haha. I dont mind things being left, never had anything go missing and sometimes its a pain having to travel to the depot. Anything over a few hundred $ is worthwhile going registered though

I have had a bad run with shaker bottles in the past, went through about 3 or 4 different types before I tried the style in the pic I posted above, zero leaks and very easy to clean.

PS
Tried the choc honeycomb in milk, my god I think this will be my favourite

Fuck, i can't wait for my samples now.
For some one who has settled for unflavoured protein for a while having flavoured stuff again has got me drooling.

Van, I hope my samples arrive tmrw, if not I am going to hunt you down and skin you alive and steal all your stock. :p

received a kg each of mango, choc-honeycomb and choc-mint yesterday. they're all pretty freaking awesome with milk. very happy :)

Had choc honeycomb with water today and it did leave a little weird aftertaste, not unpleasant though its hard to describe. Its my favourite in milk but least favourite in water

I'm drinking the choc mint now with a little casein mixed in with milk, all i can say is WOW. I've had choc mint before and it was no where near as nice as this, quite possibly the best tasting protein i have ever had! Good job Van!