• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

elbow pain while deadlifing.

Remmy

Hi, i've been getting some strange pain lately while dead lifting, and am curious if anyone here has experienced anything similar or has any opinions on what may be causing or any suggestions on how to relieve it.

I've experienced the pain for the last few weeks with it becoming pretty bad last week.At this stage of my current program i'm lifting around 200kg for triples at 100kg bw, which is getting pretty close to the upper limit of what i can lift.

I use a mixed grip with my left hand supinated (palm pointing outwards) (i don't change my mixed grip around which i suspect may be part of the cause of the problem). There is no pain during the lift, but about 10 seconds after i get a dull ache in my left elbow, the pain builds over the next few minutes and then extends up my arm into my my anterior deltoids and down the side of my forearm closest to my body if i face my palm in front of me and pointed to the ground. There is noticeable weakness and shaking when i take a drink bottle in my left hand move it to my mouth to take a drink or to scratch my chin. There is some relief if i hang from a chin up bar stretching both arms.

The pain generally lasts around 10 minutes then subsides, turning into a mild dull ache. After which i can do another set and the whole process begins again. I'm conscious of keeping my arms strait,so im reasonably sure im not flexing my left arm during the lift putting pressure on my biceps tendon. There is no swelling, pain or weakness associated with movement the next day.

I've had a few injuries while training, but this is the 1st one that's really got me confused, any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Peace out

Hi, i've been getting some strange pain lately while dead lifting, and am curious if anyone here has experienced anything similar or has any opinions on what may be causing or any suggestions on how to relieve it.

I've experienced the pain for the last few weeks with it becoming pretty bad last week.At this stage of my current program i'm lifting around 200kg for triples at 100kg bw, which is getting pretty close to the upper limit of what i can lift.

I use a mixed grip with my left hand supinated (palm pointing outwards) (i don't change my mixed grip around which i suspect may be part of the cause of the problem). There is no pain during the lift, but about 10 seconds after i get a dull ache in my left elbow, the pain builds over the next few minutes and then extends up my arm into my my anterior deltoids and down the side of my forearm closest to my body if i face my palm in front of me and pointed to the ground. There is noticeable weakness and shaking when i take a drink bottle in my left hand move it to my mouth to take a drink or to scratch my chin. There is some relief if i hang from a chin up bar stretching both arms.

The pain generally lasts around 10 minutes then subsides, turning into a mild dull ache. After which i can do another set and the whole process begins again. I'm conscious of keeping my arms strait,so im reasonably sure im not flexing my left arm during the lift putting pressure on my biceps tendon. There is no swelling, pain or weakness associated with movement the next day.

I've had a few injuries while training, but this is the 1st one that's really got me confused, any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Peace out

Sounds neural if it spreads. Since you said it goes to your delt and down your forearm I would say it is the spine or nerves of your neck. Do you strain and look up when DL? Do you have tight traps? Pronated shoulders? do you get a stiff neck at times? How is your posture during the day? Do you have a overly kyphotic thoracic spine? Had you had any neck trauma? I could keep going but my point is you need a proper assessment from a sports physio(or other allied health professional) or an MD otherwise you will never know what is wrong. Good luck.