• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My noob thoughts on nutrition, just a rant.

Kingburger

When I decided to lose some weight I started eating what I thought was healthy and cut out alcohol altogether.
I did lose weight considerable quicky and the muscle fell with it.
I ended up with a smaller version of my build but gotten a bit saggy lol.

So I decided to read up on nutrition (ended up here) and released I was only eating around half my daily recommended calories. And substantially lacking protien and was eating virtually no carbs at all.

Some things I've learnt so far are:
Correct me if I'm wrong!

You must eat your recommended calorie intake to sustain your normal weight.
To lose weight eat less or do more cardio to burn more daily calories.
To gain weight eat more.

Eat 1.5-2gms of protien per kg of bodyweight and make up the rest of the calories in carbs and good fats.

That way if your losing weight you won't lose much, if any muscle at all.
And if your gaining weight it will be mostly muscle your gaining.

All foods must be natural as in, grown and served in it's natural state.
Eg. Fish,chicken,steak,veggies,fruit,nuts and so on.

If you stick to eating good food like this and the calories you require, you'll have more energy, most probably train harder, recover quicker, have a general good feeling of well being as you'll be as healthy as can be.

Does that pretty much cover it?
It's pretty simple really ay. if ya take a step out of your busy life and spend some more time on yourself, you can reap great rewards.

Cheers,kingburger.

Natural food is supposed to be healthier but is no different calorie to calorie to processed foods (bar fibre and getting enough vitamins and minerals to function properly).

Minimum 1.5g protein, better 3g per kg. Fats at about 0.3-0.45g per POUND of BW. The rest can be what ever. Try for at least 100g of carbs to keep energy levels up for training. Much more to it bit those are bare minimum basics.

Natural food is supposed to be healthier but is no different calorie to calorie to processed foods (bar fibre and getting enough vitamins and minerals to function properly).

Minimum 1.5g protein, better 3g per kg. Fats at about 0.3-0.45g per POUND of BW. The rest can be what ever. Try for at least 100g of carbs to keep energy levels up for training. Much more to it bit those are bare minimum basics.
Listen to Dave.

If you are insulin sensitive (look bloated and have energy crashes after a carbohydrate meal) try to keep you carb intake to no more than 100 grams.

Cool.When I eat carbs I feel my body puff up. I don't have energy crashes tho. I eat around 160 carbs a day. Do you think this could be to much.
I can't see why it would be a problem if I have constant energy throughout the day.