• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Egg whites from supermarket

I've tried blending cooked eggs in the past and it comes out with tiny bits in the shake, I didn't like it

Blend the mix faster and add ice cubes. When they're blended the whole combo will be like a creamy thickshake. Cottage cheese helps the texture. Then again, I've always preferred function over taste, especially when I guzzle the drink down in two seconds ...

Blend the mix faster and add ice cubes. When they're blended the whole combo will be like a creamy thickshake. Cottage cheese helps the texture. Then again, I've always preferred function over taste, especially when I guzzle the drink down in two seconds ...

Yeah, according to dietary guidelines for heart health the cholesterol from around four or five whole eggs per week is good for you. But when I'm bulking I eat around 42 egg whites a week in my post workout shakes.

Yeah, according to dietary guidelines for heart health the cholesterol from around four or five whole eggs per week is good for you. But when I'm bulking I eat around 42 egg whites a week in my post workout shakes.

you're only eating the egg whites so you shouldn't be concerned since the whites don't contain any cholesterol

I was eating 10-12 eggs a day and got a cholesterol test and it came back on the low end of normal.

The yolk has some protein but all the cholesterol and all the fat. The white is pure protein. Each egg white is around 3 - 3.5 grams of pure, high quality protein. For a 70 - 80 gram protein drink (i.e. two post-workout serves) the best thing to do is to hard boil a dozen eggs. Allow to cool. Shell (usually easier when cooled) and remove the hard yolks to produce 36 - 42 gms pure egg protein. Then blender the hell out 'em with 200 gms low-fat cottage cheese (at around 14% protein this provides 28 gms) and 200 ml skim milk (6 gm protein) for the cheapest, most biologically complete protein shake you'll ever make. Much better and cheaper than concentrated whey (which is just a milk product anyway) with a great low-fat, creamy texture. Why not save money by buying eggs and cottage cheese in bulk, and blending and freezing for later use? Add bananas for taste and carbs.

BTW, don't waste your time eating raw eggs, few humans digest the un-denatured protein properly and there is a real risk of salmonella poisoning.

I dont think cheaper than WPI. A dozen eggs are $3-5 depending on what you buy for 36-42 grams of protein, to get the same amount of WPI protein is about 75 cents. And save the hassle of boiling and cooling and peeling.

I dont think cheaper than WPI. A dozen eggs are $3-5 depending on what you buy for 36-42 grams of protein, to get the same amount of WPI protein is about 75 cents. And save the hassle of boiling and cooling and peeling.

Dozen eggs has about 75g protein. Used to be able to get them for $2.20 only a few months ago but I think they have gone up of late. Anyone paying $5 for eggs is fucking crazy. Plus wpi tastes like shit and doesn't fill you up one bit but yes wpi will be a bit cheaper.

I think the cheapest you get in a supermarket now is $3 per dozen.

So from a protein point of view WPI is is cheaper. But I guess if you eat he whole egg it fills you up a lot more than a few grams of protein powder.

How embarrassment!

OldManMuscle has learned something today. I haven't bought protein powder for decades but man it's become cheap. It used to be a major rippoff but I guess there's a lot more competition and sales these days. So at my local hypermart today I bought a 3kg tub of 80% protein for just $114. That's 2400 grams or around 100 small serves! I'm not buying cottage cheese for the dairy source in my post-workout shakes anymore.

And eggs. Yep, it's half as expensive to buy the frozen egg whites than the equivalent amount of whole fresh eggs. And no hassle with shelling the little fuckers. So, I'll be rounding out my whey-based protein shake with about 10 grams of microwaved egg whites.

On the other hand, brocolli is around $8/kg! (not that I'd ever put that in a protein shake ...):p

OldManMuscle has learned something today. I haven't bought protein powder for decades but man it's become cheap. It used to be a major rippoff but I guess there's a lot more competition and sales these days. So at my local hypermart today I bought a 3kg tub of 80% protein for just $114. That's 2400 grams or around 100 small serves! I'm not buying cottage cheese for the dairy source in my post-workout shakes anymore.

And eggs. Yep, it's half as expensive to buy the frozen egg whites than the equivalent amount of whole fresh eggs. And no hassle with shelling the little fuckers. So, I'll be rounding out my whey-based protein shake with about 10 grams of microwaved egg whites.

On the other hand, brocolli is around $8/kg! (not that I'd ever put that in a protein shake ...):p

Buy online. 5kg of wpc for $100