• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Egg whites from supermarket

I bought the 950g pack and used a large knife and a meat mallet (with help) to chop the frozen block into 4 portions. Slightly dangerous operation as that frozen block is rather slippery but it worked. Now i just take the portion I want and keep any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.

Easier to cut frozen things with a serrated knife using a sawing action. Even better is one of those electric carving knives with the 2 reciprocating blades flush against eachother

I see no need to cut them.
It's only 950ml. Just eat them within 7 days but I'm sure they will last 9 or 10 days.

I'm sure you can eat or drink 100-150ml per day.

I have 250ml egg whites with 100g cottage cheese mixed in when cooked. it gives me 208cal, 40g protein, 5g carbs, 2g fat.

is it safe to drink these egg whites raw or do u got to cook?
thanks

Coles and Woolies both sell them.

Normally near the frozen berries section

Not all Coles/Woolies stock them, I have 2 woolies, 1 coles, 1 supabarn nearby, only the coles here sell them. I've also seen them at Bi-Lo.

You can try ringing around the different supermarkets around your area (or if your willing to travel bit out of area) but yeah they tend to be around the frozen berries in the freezer section .

Hi guys,why would anyone buy frozen eggwhites when u can buy
Fresh liquid eggwhites from woolies? There is a product called naturegg
Simply egg whites,it comes in 600ml and has 16eggwhites per
Carton! And sells for $4.95,I used to buy the frozen stuff and it was crap
that needed to thawed for 2 days and then had too much water
in the product! And u can only use it for 2 days once thawed! Get with the
guys and buy fresh!

Fresh egg whites at woolies

There is a product called Naturegg simply egg whites available at woolies,I used to buy the frozen ones but have since been buying the fresh naturegg product,it comes in a convenient 600ml carton,there are 16 pasteurized egg whites and product is already liquid and don't need to be thawed and lasts for 10 days once opened,.the frozen crap needs to be thawed for 2 days and has too much water in the product once thawed and must be used within 2 days once opened,.get with the times guys and buy the convenient fresh option!

If you are worried about consuming the liquid (or frozen) egg whites within a given timeframe why don't you just get powdered egg albumin?

It's just easier and last for a while in the pantry. Just dissolve what you need in water and away you go.

The only down side is that you tend to have to leave it to dissolve a little in advance to get it to dissolve entirely but I think it's still better than wasting any excess.

Last edited:
they are full of metal and lecithin, which is crucial for mind health, Your basically trading egg which are one of the most affordable resources of proteins for egg white wines which are one of the most expensive resources of proteins and in the process missing out on the best part of the egg....

gym Naperville

Last edited:
I've always wondered, how they do this?

A machine to separate the yolks and egg white or a factory full of plebs cracking eggs all day?

Anyone know!?
❓❓❔

Why would anyone not eat the best part of an egg?

The yolk has some protein but all the cholesterol and all the fat. The white is pure protein. Each egg white is around 3 - 3.5 grams of pure, high quality protein. For a 70 - 80 gram protein drink (i.e. two post-workout serves) the best thing to do is to hard boil a dozen eggs. Allow to cool. Shell (usually easier when cooled) and remove the hard yolks to produce 36 - 42 gms pure egg protein. Then blender the hell out 'em with 200 gms low-fat cottage cheese (at around 14% protein this provides 28 gms) and 200 ml skim milk (6 gm protein) for the cheapest, most biologically complete protein shake you'll ever make. Much better and cheaper than concentrated whey (which is just a milk product anyway) with a great low-fat, creamy texture. Why not save money by buying eggs and cottage cheese in bulk, and blending and freezing for later use? Add bananas for taste and carbs.

BTW, don't waste your time eating raw eggs, few humans digest the un-denatured protein properly and there is a real risk of salmonella poisoning.

Last edited:
You seriously blend hard boiled eggs?

:eek:

Yep! Try it, I promise you'll love the creamy texture. But for the most bio-available mix of amino acids blend the cooked egg whites with a dairy product such as whey powder or, as I've suggested, much cheaper cottage cheese. Sweeten with a banana or honey or even chocolate/milo etc.

I haven't done the maths on whether it's cheaper to cook pre-seperated egg whites. This recipe has been around for decades before you could buy frozen egg whites at the corner supermarket.

Last edited:
Yep! Try it, I promise you'll love the creamy texture. But for the most bio-available mix of amino acids blend the cooked egg whites with a dairy product such as whey powder or, as I've suggested, much cheaper cottage cheese. Sweeten with a banana or honey or even chocolate/milo etc.

I haven't done the maths on whether it's cheaper to cook pre-seperated egg whites. This recipe has been around for decades before you could buy frozen egg whites at the corner supermarket.
I've tried blending cooked eggs in the past and it comes out with tiny bits in the shake, I didn't like it