• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

lean mince vs chicken breast

John555

Banned
Hello!
I am cutting, do you think extra lean mince (5% fat) is a good substitute for chicken breast? I also do the basics: 6 meals a day, vegies/protein, 1000 calories below maintenece, EFAs etc.

The reason is because last time I cooked chicken I got food poisoning so I am a bit paranoid now.

Thank you!

It's a little bit higher in fat, but apart from that, don't see what difference there would be.
How will you cook it so it doesn't taste dry and boring?

Isn't 1000 calories below maintenance a bit drastic?
You cutting in a hurry?

as long as the quality is good, Id use it. Try making mince rissoles and grilling them to get any extra fat out of them, one good thing with mince is its versatile and you can add a few spices for flavorings.

Just had home made mince rissoles for dinner with mushrooms, love the stuff (mince) also had chicken for lunch and tuna for morning tea, you need variety mate have it all.....:)

Fat is not bad, I repeat, FAT IS NOT BAD!

Just get 10% mince and have some chicken too. Only eat 6 meals of it suits you, it is not important. 1000 cals is a little drastic but it is your choice.

Also Carbs are not bad! Make sure you are getting enough to keep the energy levels up.

You have importantly kept your protein up from what I have read but don't neglect the other macros. Workout your needs and post them up.

Hello!
I am cutting, do you think extra lean mince (5% fat) is a good substitute for chicken breast? I also do the basics: 6 meals a day, vegies/protein, 1000 calories below maintenece, EFAs etc.

The reason is because last time I cooked chicken I got food poisoning so I am a bit paranoid now.

Thank you!

You need to calculate your macros. I bet you could fit both the chicken and mince in it no problems.

Well a 1000 calorie deficit is unnecessary and if that takes you down to 2000 calories a day, 6 x 333 calorie meals aint going to be filling or much fun ;)

Hello,
thank you for the advises everyone. I have recovered from my food poisoning so i will give chicken another go, while incorporating lean mince.

If you guys think 1000 calories is too large a deficit, whats the highest deficit do you suggest I do? Thank you!

Think of how much you get out of steak and fish...then think about what chicken gives you in regards to the health benefits.....I still eat chicken if I need the protein but I prefer to get more than just protein out of my protein sources...

Think of how much you get out of steak and fish...then think about what chicken gives you in regards to the health benefits.....I still eat chicken if I need the protein but I prefer to get more than just protein out of my protein sources...

Both have there benefits. The chicken is shit comment is just retarded.

Next to steak and fish it is - if its all you can get then by all means use the fuck out of it.

Theres nothing wrong with it...but if you had a choice it would be steak...and if you get it for free fuck id be eating acouple kgs a day