• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

vader-nator

I know creatine is just a nutrient and not a hormone or steroid but I am posting here for a bit of a precise answer.

Is it really that good?

Being an old school trainer from the 1980s I tend to have no faith in supplements other than extra eggs and sugarless protein powder.

Which CREATINE is the best? They all look like mostly sugar to me. (on the label)

I am a sceptic about all the hype and crappy sales pitches from the blerbs and articles.

I want to give the Creatine a go but only with a precision attack. I have been a placebo kid in the 80's and I'd like to think I've left that all behind.

Simple questions

1) Which one is the cleanest sharpest, most potent and least sugary?

2) Best place to buy?

3) What real world results should I expect?

Thanks heaps

Rob

Creatine is one of the very few supps that actually work.

Get plain creatine monohydrate. Not sugar or anything added. It's petty cheap.

You will probably add 2-3 kgs bodyweight in the first week.

It certainly is one of the few actual 'supplements' that have human data supporting that users get 'results'.

With that said there is a low % (~20) of the population who are non-responders to creatine supplementation.

As Bazza said, don't waste your time on any form of creatine other than Monohydrate. CCE and the rest are not worth the extra cost etc.

I guess it is neither magic or a myth LOL

Last edited:
Mentioned in the AIS report -

*Overuse could potentially have a harmful effect on liver and kidney function.*

There has been no studies since that was written in 2007, that show or promote that statement :)

It is just unrequired to continue a 'loading phase' amount of creatine supplementation as muscle saturation levels reached in 5-10 days and only require 'maintance' level of supplementation to maintain full saturation levels. :)

Thanks heaps guys for the excellent feedback.

I guess I need to grab some and give it a whirl.

Next point is DOSAGE!!!

On the pack it says to take it 40 mins before working out and immediately after.

If loading occurs over a number of days/ weeks then what to do on non training days?

Thanks heaps guys for the excellent feedback.

I guess I need to grab some and give it a whirl.

Next point is DOSAGE!!!

On the pack it says to take it 40 mins before working out and immediately after.

If loading occurs over a number of days/ weeks then what to do on non training days?

Simply do 20 grams per day for 5 straight days and then just take 5 grams per day (regardless of it being a training or non training day).

Split your serves up into any amount and take at any time. Timing and serving sizes are irrelevant. Take it when it suits you :)

Simply do 20 grams per day for 5 straight days and then just take 5 grams per day (regardless of it being a training or non training day).

Split your serves up into any amount and take at any time. Timing and serving sizes are irrelevant. Take it when it suits you :)

Thanks Max

Any verdict on creatine Nitrate by APS? A really really big dude in town swears by it over and above even monohydrate.

Any verdict on creatine Nitrate by APS? A really really big dude in town swears by it over and above even monohydrate.
No the type of scientific data you'd rely on ;)

That is your typical 'Bro-science' information. Don't buy into it mate, save your money my man :)

I just ordered some the other day, you can also order a couple of kilos of protein or something as well as they charge $12 flat rate postage up to 3kg total, not sure how much after that.

I just take 5 grams a day, usually some in the morning and the rest at night, you can take it all at once, I been told it makes no difference when you take it.

when you do take the 20grams, make sure you split the doses up, otherwise you will make yourself feel sick in the stomach for a couple of hours

Thanks heaps guys. We have successfully navigated past all the hype and sales pitches.

Will let you know what happens when it get some :)

You have to be careful with SOME creatine products that are produced cheaply as they can contain heavy metals, sodium etc (sodium can cause water retention which is wrongly associated with creatine use.

The 'best' creatine that I know of is Creapure from Germany. It's very pure and a great product. I don't know the source country or manufacturer of the BN creatine, but a lot of people here use it so I'm sure it's a quality product