• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

I can't seem to hold down creatine mono. I can still taste that chalky texture. Suppose I'll man up n have it with apple juice or something

You should be taking creatine with a very sweet drink, grape juice etc. as the sugar acts as transport for the creatine and increases uptake.

You should notice significant weight gain. Typically, 2 - 5kg in 7 days. If not, you are either one of the few non responders or (and much more likely) you have bad product.

Additionally, a lot of big name brands and places like GNC will rip you off for creatine. If you can get 1kg of creatine monohydrate (99% purity, pharma grade, micronised) from us for $16 you can imagine the kind of margins they have on it.

You should be taking creatine with a very sweet drink, grape juice etc. as the sugar acts as transport for the creatine and increases uptake.

You should notice significant weight gain. Typically, 2 - 5kg in 7 days. If not, you are either one of the few non responders or (and much more likely) you have bad product.

Additionally, a lot of big name brands and places like GNC will rip you off for creatine. If you can get 1kg of creatine monohydrate (99% purity, pharma grade, micronised) from us for $16 you can imagine the kind of margins they have on it.

Grape juice contains simple sugars that cause insulin to be released into the body.This is necessary to help transport creatine to the muscle fibers. Just because creatine works well with grape juice, do not assume it works with all juices. Creatine mixed with citrus juices, such as orange juice, can be rendered useless because it will be converted to createinine which the body can not use.

Grape juice contains simple sugars that cause insulin to be released into the body.This is necessary to help transport creatine to the muscle fibers. Just because creatine works well with grape juice, do not assume it works with all juices. Creatine mixed with citrus juices, such as orange juice, can be rendered useless because it will be converted to createinine which the body can not use.
Protein stimulates insulin release also........

Previously consumed nutrients keeps insulin raised above baseline levels for minimum for 4 hours (and is after a fasting period, so longer if not in a fasted state) ;)

Last edited:
Let me just add that straight creatine tastes a shit load better when taken in grape juice etc or at least your shake. Grape juices wins!

Let me just add that straight creatine tastes a shit load better when taken in grape juice etc or at least your shake. Grape juices wins!
I certainly agree with that for the taste.

I remember the days of doing flavorless EAA's on the tongue and then washed down by water.............I was 'hardcore' back then LOL

I certainly agree with that for the taste.

I remember the days of doing flavorless EAA's on the tongue and then washed down by water.............I was 'hardcore' back then LOL

Unflavoured shakes. Those were the hardcore days, never had money for BCAA's so never tried them straight but I can hazard a guess they beat unflavoured WPI hands down.

Unflavoured shakes. Those were the hardcore days, never had money for BCAA's so never tried them straight but I can hazard a guess they beat unflavoured WPI hands down.
Musashi 'CHEF' and 'Bulk' are as nasty as an anchovy! And they where/are 'flavored' LOL

Gday all, a new member here and this is my first post.
Now on to the subject, Creatine. I used it for several years and for the past year Ive had an 11mm kidney stone thats not only hard as a rock but its turned out is impossible to remove via the usual way with a laser (its burnt out 4 lasers trying to remove it)
Im back in hospital in a months time so the surgeon can have another go at it so I would caution anyone against using creatine, yes it does work but long term use can turn out to be extemely painful and like me you may just end up in an ambulance rushing to hospital with a blocked kidney. Ignore studies and seek out personal experience would be my advice.
ps. Im 50 yrs old have used weights, cycle, run, kayak and swim for the last 35yrs and have never had kidney stones until I used creatine.

Who is to say that the Kidney stone is in any way connected to creatine use???

I know many people who have had kidney stones and they have never used creatine or used weights, cycled, ran, kayak and swam.

May the the stones were caused by the chlorine in the pool that you swam in or your kayaking, I don't swim or kayak but I lift weights, cycled and ran most of my life, have also used creatine a lot, and I do not have kidney stones, so the swimming or kayaking is probably the cause of your kidney stones in my opinion.