• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

THIRSTY MAN WTF?

I grabbed some creatine from a mate and have started it already. Trained back but no noticeable results on first outing except THIRST.....

Does this stuff make you get super thirsty when you first take it?

Seems silly but I am as dry as hell!!!??

No noticeable results, what did you expect? It takes a week for peak saturation levels when you load it, if you going to notice anything it will be from then onwards, very slightly increase in strength thats about it. Tiny bit of acne some people get.

Might have a bit of sodium in it which is drawing water from you?

What brand was it?

No noticeable results, what did you expect? It takes a week for peak saturation levels when you load it, if you going to notice anything it will be from then onwards, very slightly increase in strength thats about it. Tiny bit of acne some people get.

What brand was it?

Yeah seems like cheap creatine with loads of sodium in it

What brand was it?

Some capsules called Creatine Nitrate. APS No, idea if it was cheap or not. Looks decent though.

What did I expect? dunno. Bottlle says take 4 caps 40 mins pre workout and 4 directly after, so possibly something :p Will see what happens over the next week.

That's an expensive way to get creatine man, I'd tell your mate just to buy some moderately priced monohydrate powder

Capsules???? WTF?

Just get the powder, who knows what is in the capsules!

Does it even tell you how much actual creatine you are getting?

I bet by the time you work out how much you get in a capsule (my guess is probably a few gram per serve) I would not be surprised if you are paying about $200-300 per kilo of creatine. :eek:

As unless the capules are absolutely huge you would need heaps to make up a basic maintenance serve of 5 gram.:rolleyes:

Make sure your getting Quality Creapure Creatine. Its the cleanest, highest quality creatine out there. Honestly if it doesn't have the german Creapure logo or tradmark I won't use it. I use ON (optimum nutrition) micornized creatine monohydrate at the moment.

Capsules???? WTF?

Just get the powder, who knows what is in the capsules!

Does it even tell you how much actual creatine you are getting?

I bet by the time you work out how much you get in a capsule (my guess is probably a few gram per serve) I would not be surprised if you are paying about $200-300 per kilo of creatine. :eek:

As unless the capules are absolutely huge you would need heaps to make up a basic maintenance serve of 5 gram.:rolleyes:

All good Mick, I grabbed 1Kg of the bulk stuff you linked me up with, but am using the caps until it gets here. Who knows if it will even work with me.
I am a life time, drug free train at home guy who is just in it to feel strong and well. Will give it a month. If I feel better for it I will keep it up, if not then no problem either :) It's all fun.

I am train at home also, would not go to a commercial gym if it was free:)

Good luck with your Creatine, it will not make a huge difference, but t is a nutrient that should help slightly. Bit lke protein powder IMO, it's food basically, but ensures you have plenty available when you need it.

Last edited:
Some capsules called Creatine Nitrate. APS No, idea if it was cheap or not. Looks decent though.

What did I expect? dunno. Bottlle says take 4 caps 40 mins pre workout and 4 directly after, so possibly something :p Will see what happens over the next week.

??????????????

i've just started creatine loading based on the 20g/day for 5 days model - any suggestions for how to avoid upset stomach? my guts are pretty weak and taking 5g at a time, 4 times a day is still leaving my guts a bit unhappy for an hour or so after eating.

is there anything i should or shouldn't be taking it with it to prevent upset stomachs? so far i've just been adding 5g to my protein drinks which i drink with milk, but the creatine seems pretty tasteless so i imagine i could easily take it with juice or something...

Thanks.

i've just started creatine loading based on the 20g/day for 5 days model - any suggestions for how to avoid upset stomach? my guts are pretty weak and taking 5g at a time, 4 times a day is still leaving my guts a bit unhappy for an hour or so after eating.

is there anything i should or shouldn't be taking it with it to prevent upset stomachs? so far i've just been adding 5g to my protein drinks which i drink with milk, but the creatine seems pretty tasteless so i imagine i could easily take it with juice or something...

Thanks.
Either take your serves with your 'whole food' meals and/or take a larger portion before you go to bed to avoid stomach upset.

You certainly can take it with juice or whatever you like :)