• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheap bulking food

0ni

Registered Rustler
I really need some cheap bulking food guys, I'm a little tight on money at the moment as I just laid down a deposit on a house here

Preferably anything that doesn't need cooking, I don't care about taste or getting fat. Going to start drinking 3L of milk a day but could do with some other suggestions. Almonds are fucking expensive $14 for 750g fuck that shit

^^^^^^^^^Woolworths has the same:)

Shop around, go to Aldi, buy specials etc etc thats what I do to save some $$$

I just bought a carp load of John West Canned tuna for $1 per can, thinking about going back to get some more, it's half price, both Woolworths and Coles had $1 tuna.

Milk at Aldi is cheapest, and it comes from the same cows as the expensive branded stuff.

You can get rice for about $1 per kg.

My kids love the asian style Woolworths brand noodles (they are quite nice, I have them as well) and they are about 10-20 cents per serve.

I just bought a carp load of John West Canned tuna for $1 per can, thinking about going back to get some more, it's half price, both Woolworths and Coles had $1 tuna.

Milk at Aldi is cheapest, and it comes from the same cows as the expensive branded stuff.

You can get rice for about $1 per kg.

My kids love the asian style Woolworths brand noodles (they are quite nice, I have them as well) and they are about 10-20 cents per serve.

Nice, thanks. Is the milk at Aldi cheaper than $3 for 3 Liters? Tbh 3 liters of milk will give me most of my protein for the day so after that I can just focus on calories lol.

A really good way to bulk up on the cheep would be to get a cheep slow cooker and slow cook a high protein stew. Cheap chuck steak, potatoes, bag of mixed veg, some stock cubes and cok the shit out of it for over night. would make the cheap meat taste great and be full of calories.
cheap foods to bulk on: I would say starchy veg, red meat, breads, anything that is full of carbs and again, red meat but buy the cheap cuts like chuck, round, rump in bulk, blead steak. Oh and eat a shit load of eggs, buy cage eggs their way cheeper. Shop around for best deals on this shit and you will grow like a weed mate.

EDIT: Milk at ALDI is about $2.89 I think, you can get on their website and look at the prices much like woolies or coles.

Last edited:
Nice, thanks. Is the milk at Aldi cheaper than $3 for 3 Liters? Tbh 3 liters of milk will give me most of my protein for the day so after that I can just focus on calories lol.

Not sure about the exact price, the missus goes to Aldi, as I do not like the demographic of people at our local Aldi, but she tells me the milk is cheaper than Woolworths Home branded milk.

Maccas Double Beef and Cheeseburger. 2 for 3.90. 46g protein, 40 fat, 60 carbs at about 700 calories area for them both.

Maccas Double Beef and Cheeseburger. 2 for 3.90. 46g protein, 40 fat, 60 carbs at about 700 calories area for them both.

That's really not that cheap for the calories.

$3.9 will get you about 2700 calories of milk or 1700 calories from eggs and similar from mince.

this was what used when i started to bulk
-oats (home brand from woolies)
-milk (2/3L homebrand from woolies)
-pasta (homebrand from woolies)
-tuna in springwater (homebrand from woolies)
-fruit & veg @ sunday markets, apples were like $1 p/kg, potatoes were like $3 for 5kg, broccoli $2 p/kg
- budget porterhouse ($7 p/kg) or budget scott fillet (when i was feeling rich, $9 p/kg): these were bought in bulk say 8kg for each week from a wholesaler butcher
- bread (on sales from woolies)
- peanut butter (homebrand from woolies)
- I always looked at clearance items for bread, bakery, hot chicken which sometimes went for 1/2 price etc etc

That's really not that cheap for the calories.

$3.9 will get you about 2700 calories of milk or 1700 calories from eggs and similar from mince.

He doesn't want to cook though so that leaves milk with wpc not so satisfying.